Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

That Rozier deal feels like a good one for Miami. 

Charlotte thinks they can use Lowry in another trade but I don't know who's actually trading for him, he's so finished. 

Maybe the Hornets thinks that by 2028 the Heat might suck (2027 lottery protected, unprotected in 2028) but I wouldn't count on it.

That’s 3 teams in direct competition with us that have all made deals to get better. Miami, Indiana and New York. We’ll find out in 2 weeks or less how serious we should take our management when they say they want to make a playoff run this year.

• Like 1

No, many of these trades are just because they are making the player happy and getting something back. Probably a couple more teams interested but the Heat deal was the easiest.

3 things stand out a little. Trade was same division, and Scary Terry has 2 more years after this one. I guess Charlotte isn't worried about playing against him two more years. Terry is not a Heat guy defensively, but they need offense anywhere they can get it. I know a team like that! And lastly the Heat need to maximize Jimmy's last few years, so cap space is not an issue.

I don't see us going for a player with more then this year and next on a contract. Anyhow, the Heat again showed they are willing to try to improve. They might not have won a chip since LeBron left but they have been infinitely better then most of the league. Hope we do something.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jonathan Isaac has been injured more than he's been healthy in his NBA career including several seasons ending injuries, multiple surgeries etc. 

A healthy Jonathan Isaac is one of the best defensive players on planet Earth. 

Why wouldn't we be cautious with him? 

The biggest ability is availability. 
Isaac no doubt is an all defense caliber player, Minister of Defense really IF healthy. We should stop putting our assets inside a glass enclosure. Let them play with restriction. If he gets injured again, then probably kill the hope of a healthy Isaac and accept the reality. What are we saving him for really? Extending his shelf life? I’m not saying play him for 48mins. Him playing spot minutes particularly on crunch defensive possession would increase our chances of winning games. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

this is me tweeting

Fully healthy we are EXCELLENT 

not healthy not good...

Jeff has alot to ponder

Can’t say it any better. I still believe on our roster but let them play. It seems like we are just prolonging the inevitable by resting guys.