Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

51 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’re 17-11 in games Anthony Black starts at point guard. 5-9 in games he doesn’t. Could be nothing, but super interesting split

Should be noted that he's started only 1 of the 8 games where we missed Franz Wagner (Denver game where he was ill and played 4 mins) that could be skewing things. 

But I agree it's interesting.

Separate note but kind of related, I think there's something to Fultz and WCJ returning and kind of messing up the rotations and the rhythms of people in the rotations. Fultz for example has meant that AB is pushed out of the rotation, Cole is pushed more off ball in the bench lineup, there's less space in the Paolo/Fultz lineups. Then WCJ has forced this weird Goga/Wagner/WCJ thing that started out with an attempt to run 3 bigs which didn't work and then has pushed Mo Wagner out of the lineup when he was previously pretty important to the bench unit scoring. 

Conclusion: everything is wonky. Please make a trade lol

On 1/19/2024 at 8:24 AM, Jay Magic said:

48 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We’re 17-11 in games Anthony Black starts at point guard. 5-9 in games he doesn’t. Could be nothing, but super interesting split

I think these are both very interesting points.  I'm still not convinced Houstan is going to be a consistent outside threat,  and his shooting has been a liability for us more than a benefit most of the time.  The AB stats are really interesting but it's hard to know whether it's just a statistical fluke (look hard enough and you can find patterns in data just from random chance) or whether it's meaningful.  I do like the way AB plays, although his shooting is extremely inconsistent (last night he swished a three from the left corner, and then had another shot from almost exactly the same place and airballed it).  

45 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yeah issue is he gets injured quite a bit. Puts us in basically the same boat we’ve been in.

He was six man of the year last year.  He only has 1 year left on his contract and wouldn’t cost much.  Very very low risk for a good player.  He has been healthy for two years and would be a nice bridge if the Front Office doesn’t have the guts to get the big fish.  He could even come off the bench for Black should he be better next year.  

26 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Should be noted that he's started only 1 of the 8 games where we missed Franz Wagner (Denver game where he was ill and played 4 mins) that could be skewing things. 

But I agree it's interesting.

Separate note but kind of related, I think there's something to Fultz and WCJ returning and kind of messing up the rotations and the rhythms of people in the rotations. Fultz for example has meant that AB is pushed out of the rotation, Cole is pushed more off ball in the bench lineup, there's less space in the Paolo/Fultz lineups. Then WCJ has forced this weird Goga/Wagner/WCJ thing that started out with an attempt to run 3 bigs which didn't work and then has pushed Mo Wagner out of the lineup when he was previously pretty important to the bench unit scoring. 

Conclusion: everything is wonky. Please make a trade lol

I was at the game last night with my family.  Those were out there rotations.  Mosley can’t seem to get the line ups right.  We definitely need a shake up right now.

I brought him up previously but..

Gary Trent Jr is shooting 54% from 3 on open catch and shoot jumpers this season. 

If you can't make a bigger splash I'd trade for him honestly. Shoots the ball, gets in passing lanes, experience playing with star PF, is still young, younger than Okeke for example. He's not like a great defensive player by any stretch and he's not much of a passer or rebounder either but he spaces the floor legitimately and can do some scoring off the dribble.

It's not like a home run move but it'd help offensively.

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Gary Trent Jr is shooting 54% from 3 on open catch and shoot jumpers this season. 

If you can't make a bigger splash I'd trade for him honestly. Shoots the ball, gets in passing lanes, experience playing with star PF, is still young, younger than Okeke for example. He's not like a great defensive player by any stretch and he's not much of a passer or rebounder either but he spaces the floor legitimately and can do some scoring off the dribble.

Thats another very gettable guard. I’d trade for him, Murray, Simmons, Brogdon, Rozier, Hield, or Tyus Jones. We really need to get someone to keep us in the playoff picture. Missing it completely this year would be disastrous. Paolo and Franz need Playoff reps for their development.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Thats another very gettable guard. I’d trade for him, Murray, Simmons, Brogdon, Rozier, Hield, or Tyus Jones. We really need to get someone to keep us in the playoff picture. Missing it completely this year would be disastrous. Paolo and Franz need Playoff reps for their development.

Yes and no time like the present. Quit dragging your butt mngt like a dog going into the veterinarian office. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm all in. I already said yes to Gary Trent when Toronto traded Anunoby. I'm sure there's better players out there, but if you can get him, get him.

I just want this to finish this experimental starting line up. We are suffering with Chuma, Goga and Caleb at the floor. I wanna see Fultz-Suggs-Ingles-Paolo-WCJ because I want to win. Hopefully Franz comes back next week.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I know you mentioned Dejounte was a Klutch sports guy, I’m pretty sure Trent is as well. Do we still think Rick Paul is telling players not to go to Orlando? I don’t think we’ve had a Klutch repped athlete yet

11 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I know you mentioned Dejounte was a Klutch sports guy, I’m pretty sure Trent is as well. Do we still think Rick Paul is telling players not to go to Orlando? I don’t think we’ve had a Klutch repped athlete yet

I know he does that with The Knicks. I didn’t know he did with us also. Does anyone have more information about  Klutch and Orlando?