Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

1 hour ago, harryfromphilly said:

Markelle has no hitch on his 3, though his release was low    and was 1/3     why the hitch in the mid range?  also, i did not see any tape on the shoulder

I’ve been there a couple of times in the past.. The TOS messes with him when his shoulders move up. 

Therefore he got used to using all legs when going for a spot up 3. 

When he recovered from his TOS, he had a normal fluid midrange, as it wasn’t affecting him. 

Now it seems like we are dealing with Philly Markelle (just that he knows his diagnosis) 

These are the issues he had with the Sixers. 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

I hate it that no one has the guts to ask about the elephant in the room! 

FACT is that Markelle changed his shot and has a hitch when shooting midrange. Why isn’t anybody asking?

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

So to be fair if we did somehow go on a winning streak it'd probably justify not making a trade given the schedule.

imo you don’t make panic trades, no matter what the situation is.. 
We have to improve in certain areas, despite loosing or winning the majority of the next ten games. 

The targets that have been discussed here should be a target no matter what the record is. 

Brodgon, T. Jones,  maybe Kispert, Monk, Murray, Simons should all be targets, if the asking price isn’t too high

8 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

imo you don’t make panic trades, no matter what the situation is.. 
We have to improve in certain areas, despite loosing or winning the majority of the next ten games. 

Yea this is right to be fair.

Murray is too expensive and represents everything our front office doesn't do. His extension kicks in this year and runs for 4 years, when we have to pay Suggs,both Wagners and Paolo!

The other guys with expiring or two years left are just right for our timeline. We need get into the playoffs and start getting our guys used to winning.  We might not make it without a change.

Anyone can see that Paolo is the real deal and we do have talent around him. We just need to get consolidate our depth. Having an actual point guard is something we have needed for ten freaking years! instead we have had combo guards(Suggs,Cole,Dipo,Elfrid and a back-up point guard who had one career year in Dj Augustin.

Can we get a freaking point guard? I mean Fultz should have been it, he is a point guard and we do play alot better when he is on the court. He just hardly ever plays and can't shoot!

Management owes us a point guard.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

So to be fair if we did somehow go on a winning streak it'd probably justify not making a trade given the schedule.

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t leverage our expiring contracts for a solid trade. Fultz and Isaac have both proven to be completely unreliable, and for far too long we’ve had unreliable point guard play. I think a real possibility is a guy like Schroder, given his relationship with the Wagner brothers. I’d personally rather have Murray, but I’m hoping for some upgrade. I also think Brown would be a great addition, as he’s a great, versatile role player.

3 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Having an actual point guard is something we have needed for ten freaking years! instead we have had combo guards(Suggs,Cole,Dipo,Elfrid and a back-up point guard who had one career year in Dj Augustin.

Can we get a freaking point guard? I mean Fultz should have been it, he is a point guard and we do play alot better when he is on the court. He just hardly ever plays and can't shoot!

Management owes us a point guard.

Preach! Lol

I think of all the names we’ve discussed so far, if Tyus Jones is actually available I’d be most excited about him. Simons and Dejounte are flashier names but I don’t think either of them are actually realistic.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ll be disappointed if we don’t leverage our expiring contracts for a solid trade. Fultz and Isaac have both proven to be completely unreliable, and for far too long we’ve had unreliable point guard play. I think a real possibility is a guy like Schroder, given his relationship with the Wagner brothers. I’d personally rather have Murray, but I’m hoping for some upgrade. I also think Brown would be a great addition, as he’s a great, versatile role player.

I'm not trading isaac.. he is worth keeping.. 

definitely need a PG who is a knockdown shooter.. 

I really wanna see Jett get some burn on this homestand