Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm hard pressed to understand how you can pitch Koloko as an upgrade over Bitadze. Bitadze is less than a year older with  considerably more NBA experience and he arguably had better stats as a rookie in his age 19 season than Koloko did last year as a rookie in his age 22 season. Not to mention Koloko hasn't played at all this year due to a respiratory issue. 

Koloko is a similar player to Bitadze, just better defensively. We aren’t asking both Bitadze and Koloko to do anything on offense, besides setting screens and hustling for rebounds. 

Of you judge purely by the numbers sure.. Koloko really started playing basketball very late. But his IQ is top notch and he really excelled in Arizonas Scheme, making his players next to him better. Mathurin, i like him a lot, profited heavily by the way Koloko created room for him. 

Main reason is that Bitadze has upped his value, but imo WCJ is still the starter and Mo Wagner is special next to Isaac. Imo Bitadze needs to be back to the third string and he actually outplayed that status. So if we can sell high on him, we absolutely have to do that! 

10 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Of you judge purely by the numbers sure.. 

Well I can't judge purely by the numbers since Koloko doesn't have any for this year..

Playing with the trade machine, how about:

Magic get

Dejounte Murray/Bojan Bogdonovic

Hawks get

Markelle Fultz/Gary Harris/2024 1st Rd Pick/2025 1st Rd pick/ 2nd round picks

Pistons get

Deandre Hunter/Chuma Okeke

New rotation is:

Murray/Cole/AB

Suggs/Ingles/Caleb

Franz/Bojan

Paolo/JI/Moe

WCJ/Goga/Moe

We get Dejounte to help with our guard issues and Bojan who’s a knockdown shooter. You could argue it should come with another trade of a big for a small, but we need to have JI backups available for the inevitable restrictions and missed time

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

Playing with the trade machine, how about:

Magic get

Dejounte Murray/Bojan Bogdonovic

Hawks get

Markelle Fultz/Gary Harris/2024 1st Rd Pick/2025 1st Rd pick/ 2nd round picks

Pistons get

Deandre Hunter/Chuma Okeke

New rotation is:

Murray/Cole/AB

Suggs/Ingles/Caleb

Franz/Bojan

Paolo/JI/Moe

WCJ/Goga/Moe

We get Dejounte to help with our guard issues and Bojan who’s a knockdown shooter. You could argue it should come with another trade of a big for a small, but we need to have JI backups available for the inevitable restrictions and missed time

Does that work? Where's all the Pistons salary going? 

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Does that work? Where's all the Pistons salary going? 

It works on the trade machine on Fanspo. Bojan is $20 mill going out for Detroit, Hunter and Chuma is about $26 mill coming in.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It works on the trade machine on Fanspo. Bojan is $20 mill going out for Detroit, Hunter and Chuma is about $26 mill coming in.

My bad I'm dumb I confused Bojan with Bogdan. Think we'd need to send something to Detroit to get them to do that but otherwise that'd be excellent for us.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

My bad I'm dumb I confused Bojan with Bogdan. Think we'd need to send something to Detroit to get them to do that but otherwise that'd be excellent for us.

Yeah, I guess it depends if they like Hunter to use with some of their cap space or not. Also sounds like Bojan could be waived if they can’t find a deal for him 

I was wondering if there was any way we could get LaMelo, cause damn the Hornets are bad, but his contract is a poison pill so it’s pretty much impossible 

I don’t think they do it. But Dejounte is basically the ideal trade candidate for the team as currently structured. Position of need, already signed long term, age fit, ability fit. Sort of a Goldilocks outside of him not really being a star compared to what we probably would need to give up. The personality fit is a question though and I do question if they would really want to make a big add in the middle of the season tho. But I hope they done we need another ball handler

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I confuse both of them all the time also.  I was talking to a buddy the other day and he did it too lol