Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

I’m really ready to move on from certain players. Guys like Fultz, Harris, and JI would be good role players, yet none can consistently stay on the court. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’m really ready to move on from certain players. Guys like Fultz, Harris, and JI would be good role players, yet none can consistently stay on the court. 

Agreed. And hate to say it, but add Wendell to the mix as well. I’m tired of being injury prone, used to think it was a training staff issue, but it’s the same players over and over again.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Ok, this is a bit misleading. We didn’t really pick up anything, JI’s full salary just became guaranteed as of this date. I think the only way he wouldn’t get his full salary would’ve been to get cut 

https://x.com/jowepafm/status/1744856115098091530?s=46

hate to say it, he’s done.. Same hiding tactics like with Sixers.. Hate that Fultz and the Magic can’t be real about it. Admit it, suck it up and sign a cheap extension and be there as a second or third option and be a team leader and legend going forward. Have a Haslem like career ending.. 

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Agreed. And hate to say it, but add Wendell to the mix as well. I’m tired of being injury prone, used to think it was a training staff issue, but it’s the same players over and over again.

Hate to say it but Franz has paper ankles too. But he’s too good to give up on

21 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Honestly add Paolo to that group. Kind of tired of him tbh

Or wait were you being serious?

6 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

it does make sense. we r keeping him and it will be something really low. he owes us really  I am thinking even like 5 mil a year type of vibe

Would be great, but doubt will never happen.

26 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Honestly add Paolo to that group. Kind of tired of him tbh

Or wait were you being serious?

Franz had like 5-6 ankle sprains during his young career. He doesn’t have paper ankles or else he would have had multiple grade 3 sprains. 

Most of his sprains were grade 1-2 sprains..

Maybe it’s just bad luck like Curry during his first years in his career. I dunno. 

But the way he rolled his ankles were always caused by stepping on somebody’s foot. It’s a accident

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I think management needs to have a serious convo with Franz about not playing ball year round. Playing summer ball with Germany is taking a toll

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Franz has missed exactly 8 NBA games in his entire career. This 3 game stretch is the first time he's ever missed more than 2 games in a row. Wtf are we talking about here? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think management needs to have a serious convo with Franz about not playing ball year round. Playing summer ball with Germany is taking a toll

Ehh not going to happen. It’s the Olympics in France. No way anybody, especially from Germany would turn that down. 
Those players have a special commitment 5 years ago. There is also beef because of the players that didn’t want to give that commitment and now want to jump on the bandwagon. Players like Kleber or Hartenstein. They will probably not be invited because of that.