Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

He would probably have to start at 5 to make it work, but Markannen is apparently potentially available in the trade market and boy that would be a fun add. I don’t know what the assets would have to be; you’d hope for a package based around Wendell since he would effectively replace him in the lineup but also they have Kessler and Lauri isn’t really a C anyway. Black is maybe the most valuable guy you would be most willing to part with, but I doubt our FO would do that

7 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

He would probably have to start at 5 to make it work, but Markannen is apparently potentially available in the trade market and boy that would be a fun add. I don’t know what the assets would have to be; you’d hope for a package based around Wendell since he would effectively replace him in the lineup but also they have Kessler and Lauri isn’t really a C anyway. Black is maybe the most valuable guy you would be most willing to part with, but I doubt our FO would do that

I don't think this team that prides it's self on defense is starting Markannen at the 5. More likely if you did that you'd play Markannen at the 3 and shift Franz and Suggs down a position: Suggs/Franz/Lauri/Paolo/WCJ or Goga. 

It's Danny Ainge though he'll want like 5 firsts and AB for Lauri. 

22 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

he is gonna want out eventually.. i believe maybe even next summer...

Guarantee he has us at the top of his list

Luka is signed for the next 5 seasons at an absurd max rate. There's no way the Mavs are just letting him walk. We'd have to do something like Franz Wagner, AB/Suggs, and 4 1st's to get Luka. Is that too steep a price? I don't know - but I think maybe? 

I also would think he wants to go to a bigger market. Why Orlando outside of a young, promising core and Mose? 

Both Garland and Mobley are out for weeks apparently. Wonder if the Cavs will give up on Donovan with all the rumours he won't re-sign there and tank the rest of the season. 

(Fwiw I didn't want to trade for Donovan last year and I wouldn't trade for him now)

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't think this team that prides it's self on defense is starting Markannen at the 5. More likely if you did that you'd play Markannen at the 3 and shift Franz and Suggs down a position: Suggs/Franz/Lauri/Paolo/WCJ or Goga. 

It's Danny Ainge though he'll want like 5 firsts and AB for Lauri. 

Yeah that makes sense. There are a lot of interesting lineups they could do. I could be talked into moving AB for him  because it adds a dynamic we don’t have. Would require them committing fully to Paolo as point and I don’t think they want to do that (amongst the other reason they won’t trade AB). Maybe we can convince them on Jett lol

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Both Garland and Mobley are out for weeks apparently. Wonder if the Cavs will give up on Donovan with all the rumours he won't re-sign there and tank the rest of the season. 

(Fwiw I didn't want to trade for Donovan last year and I wouldn't trade for him now)

That’s the first thing I thought when I saw how long those two will be out. What is it that you don’t like about Mitchel out of curiosity?

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

That’s the first thing I thought when I saw how long those two will be out. What is it that you don’t like about Mitchel out of curiosity?

Here is my guess on CT’s response.

“He scores to much and doesn’t play defense” oh and he makes too much money. 

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

It's not really that I don't like Mitchell. It's just a risk/reward thing, the same thing as last time. Donovan has 1 year left on his deal after this and it seems blatantly obvious he wants out to a big market. The Cavs would want to recoup a lot of assets for him. We've got a lot of years of Paolo/Franz playoff contention to come and I don't think we should blow our assets on 1 and a half years of Donovan Mitchell while Paolo and Franz are still in their early 20s when I don't think adding Donovan even makes us a legitimate contender. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's not really that I don't like Mitchell. It's just a risk/reward thing, the same thing as last time. Donovan has 1 year left on his deal after this and it seems blatantly obvious he wants out to a big market. The Cavs would want to recoup a lot of assets for him. We've got a lot of years of Paolo/Franz playoff contention to come and I don't think we should blow our assets on 1 and a half years of Donovan Mitchell while Paolo and Franz are still in their early 20s when I don't think adding Donovan even makes us a legitimate contender. 

we would obviously need an commitment by Mitchell.. 

Generally speaking though. Is big market value still a thing? We are in a different generation where revenue is made online. 

Mark Cuban kinda spoke about this couple of weeks ago, where he predicted the next TV deal is going to significantly decline, because of Social Media and so stepping into the scene. 

In all honesty, I don’t think New York is also the right place to be investing in now. Way to expensive, safety concerns and more. 
I don’t think the Knicks will do more for his brand, than a young and successful Orlando Magic team. 

I hope the NBA will also look at the Magic more and Mitchell (or another established star player, would make it more attractive to feature the Magic more)

We have a nice story going, WCJ said that NBA players are respecting what we are doing more and more. 

We‘ve created a nice chemistry and also family oriented franchise. 

I feel like we kinda found a niche, that could make us an attractive destination for star players. 

I therefore believe we could attract a D. Mitchel and he’d absolutely be a great fit here. Suggs can lead this team off the bench

16 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

we would obviously need an commitment by Mitchell.. 

Generally speaking though. Is big market value still a thing? We are in a different generation where revenue is made online. 

Mark Cuban kinda spoke about this couple of weeks ago, where he predicted the next TV deal is going to significantly decline, because of Social Media and so stepping into the scene. 

In all honesty, I don’t think New York is also the right place to be investing in now. Way to expensive, safety concerns and more. 
I don’t think the Knicks will do more for his brand, than a young and successful Orlando Magic team. 

I hope the NBA will also look at the Magic more and Mitchell (or another established star player, would make it more attractive to feature the Magic more)

We have a nice story going, WCJ said that NBA players are respecting what we are doing more and more. 

We‘ve created a nice chemistry and also family oriented franchise. 

I feel like we kinda found a niche, that could make us an attractive destination for star players. 

I therefore believe we could attract a D. Mitchel and he’d absolutely be a great fit here. Suggs can lead this team off the bench

It doesn't really matter what you or I or anybody else thinks about what's best for Mitchell's career or how attractive Orlando is as a destination. He hasn't shown any interest in re-signing in Cleveland another up and coming team with multiple young stars. There's been rumblings about Donovan wanting to get to New York since he was in Utah. 

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

It doesn't really matter what you or I or anybody else thinks about what's best for Mitchell's career. He hasn't shown any interest in re-signing in Cleveland another up and coming team with multiple young stars. There's been rumblings about Donovan wanting to get to New York since he was in Utah. 

It’s all media talk though.. It doesn’t mean it’s true. 
I don’t know what Mitchell wants. 

Everybody thought Lillard would only include big markets to his list and all of the sudden Milwaukee comes out and makes the trade, where Lillian’s remained committed.

All i’m saying is that this “big market” narrative is old news.. the player himself creates his brand and not any big market. P5 and MF have created labels. Dennis Schroeder created his label and many more players. 

We have generally created an environment and atmosphere that could be appealing to some players. I don’t think that we can’t resign Mitchell. But obviously i’d talk to his agents if he’d be committed playing for the Magic before i’d trade for him. 

Oh and i’d like to add. The Caveliera haven’t exactly created that environment like we have and Florida is a nicer destination in most people books than Cleveland/Ohio

(weather/tax/family friendly) and probably many more reasons