Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

16 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Shout out to Dante Exum, the guy who I almost quit being a fan of the team after we didn’t draft. Had made 8 threes all year on  28% coming into tonight where he hit 7 of 9

Man I was high on the Dante Exum supply too... That was like the second draft I ever paid real attention to. Can't believe how long ago that was...

orl.png&w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Orlando Magic

Roster hole: Shooting

Why: Armed with one of the league's best defenses, the contending Magic rank below the middle in offense and near the bottom in 3-point percentage.

What they have to trade: The Magic own all their draft picks plus an extra first-rounder from the Denver Nuggets. They have some players with tradeable contracts, including Gary HarrisJoe Ingles and Chuma Okeke.

Chances of a significant trade: Maybe. The Magic will have to see where they are in the standings closer to the Feb. 8 deadline.

This was from an ESPN article entitled roster holes for contenders …at least they put us in the contender category …next 10-11 games will tell a lot 

Players that could make an impact for us, that are maybe under the radar, could be.. 

PG: Monte Morris

SG/SF: Josh Green, Kispert, Moody

and dark horse player Vassell (if they’d decide not to want to pay that contract, cause it’s Wembys team now)

For that SG/SF group i’d actually be willing to trade a top 10 protected pick, alongside G. Harris. 

Monte Morris would be a trade i’d make if Fultz looks like he’d be dealing with that injury too long or if it would keep being a nagging injury for him. 

Id trade Morris for Okeke and some of our 2nd round picks

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

You should watch this, new J Kyle Mann vid about non shooting wings featuring AB:

https://youtu.be/nCuydWtN1dU?si=LNpo0fd6a8B4eDn6

(Vid won't embed for some reason)

that’s a good watch. Feel like it’s a good analysis and breakdown.. He described AB well imo.. 

Also dude needs to be a professional and shave or braid that hair. I feel like he’s compensating a lot on his shot. Leaning back and sideways is a issue. 

EP waited way too long to do that, and he established his bad habits on his shooting form. 

AB needs to fix that asap

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

that’s a good watch. Feel like it’s a good analysis and breakdown.. He described AB well imo.. 

Also dude needs to be a professional and shave or braid that hair. I feel like he’s compensating a lot on his shot. Leaning back and sideways is a issue. 

EP waited way too long to do that, and he established his bad habits on his shooting form. 

I was a big EP fan and he always had that issue. It is a sign of immaturity and putting your self image ahead of your professionalism, period. 

5 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Players that could make an impact for us, that are maybe under the radar, could be.. 

PG: Monte Morris

SG/SF: Josh Green, Kispert, Moody

and dark horse player Vassell (if they’d decide not to want to pay that contract, cause it’s Wembys team now)

For that SG/SF group i’d actually be willing to trade a top 10 protected pick, alongside G. Harris. 

Monte Morris would be a trade i’d make if Fultz looks like he’d be dealing with that injury too long or if it would keep being a nagging injury for him. 

Id trade Morris for Okeke and some of our 2nd round picks

The issue is that any shooter we bring in has to also be willing to play defense at a high level - and if you're a great shooter with elite defense, you're normally an all-star type player. 

I think a long catch-and-shoot PG is what our team needs to stretch the floor and most compliment Paolo/Franz. I don't know who that is in the league, but it's certainly not Fultz (unfortunately) or AB. Cole is actually not terrible in this role but it feels like he more needs the ball in his hands to be successful. 

You would think with Banchero at 39 percent and Suggs at 37 that our team 3 point percentage would be higher …but I indeed checked and we are bottom 5 as a team at 34 percent …Franz a big culprit in that go figure at 30 percent …next 10 games will tell a lot .

10 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

If you ask me the Payton comparison is so ludicrously overblown. ABs hair sticks out sideways and up way more than it comes over his eyes like Payton's did. 

Plenty of guys without big hair have bad shot mechanics it's presumptive at best to say Blacks jumper is bad because of his hair. 

• Like 1