Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Give the Bulls a pick for Caruso. Caruso plays defense, unlike DeRozan and Lavine, costs pennies on the dollar and is super clutch in the 4th quarter.

Trade them Chuma and Caleb Houston. They need wings with size since Patrick Williams never really worked out for them. 

I think he would be a good add. Plenty of contenders will be thinking the same so the price may be higher than one would think

5 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Former player and current NBA analyst Earl Watson said it last night in the show called Film Room on NBA TV channel while analyzing the Magic, "AND WHAT THEY ARE BUILDING BY WINNING ARE ASSESTS COACH (Sam Mitchell), THEY ARE BUILDING ASSESTS TO MAKE A BIG TRADE TO PUT THEM OVER THE TOP"

Means to me, everybody but Paolo, Franz and Jalen are tradeable for the right combination of players.

We'll see what move or moves can this opportunistic FO can make.....there is momentum for this to happen and relatively soon. The sooner you bring the new players to learn the team systems the better.

You guys haven't learned anything - we care A TON about culture and organic growth. Unless it's an absolute home run that we can't ignore, we care about how the guys in the locker room will feel and I don't think would make trades like this is NBA 2K. 

I think we have the assets for flexibility's sake in the future, and we're winning partially because we have the 2nd deepest bench in the league. 

The guy we trade for has to fit both our vision and our culture. Someone like Zach Lavine isn't that guy, and frankly there are maybe only 2 handfuls of guys who would fit that.

My Point: we're not trading for anyone this year unless it's trading someone away at the end of our bench for a 2nd rounder (a la Chuma). 

I know that for a while many of us felt we could maybe trade for Luka Doncic, but I just don't see that happening anymore. He doesn't fit with the defense-first mentality, would cost far too much of our depth, and would completely change the make-up of our team and locker room (including the growth of Paolo / Franz / Suggs / Anthony as our leaders). 

I think this is our team and will be for the foreseeable future. It's a great team and one that should be competing as a top 4 team in the East for years to come until the cap forces us to make trades that hinders our depth. 

29 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

You guys haven't learned anything - we care A TON about culture and organic growth. Unless it's an absolute home run that we can't ignore, we care about how the guys in the locker room will feel and I don't think would make trades like this is NBA 2K. 

I think we have the assets for flexibility's sake in the future, and we're winning partially because we have the 2nd deepest bench in the league. 

The guy we trade for has to fit both our vision and our culture. Someone like Zach Lavine isn't that guy, and frankly there are maybe only 2 handfuls of guys who would fit that.

My Point: we're not trading for anyone this year unless it's trading someone away at the end of our bench for a 2nd rounder (a la Chuma). 

I agree that they likely won’t do anything big that would shake up the core culture of the team, but I think there are still moves they could make around the edges to bring players that would improve the team. While I don’t think any of the talked about suspects make sense, I think a big swing trade is still in the table tho probably not until after the season.

All the basketball people always bring up the magic as a potential big shaker in free agency after the year because of a potential mountain of cap space, but even then I don’t know who will be available. I think a lot will be determined by how we finish and how some players’ health pans out

24 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I know that for a while many of us felt we could maybe trade for Luka Doncic, but I just don't see that happening anymore. He doesn't fit with the defense-first mentality, would cost far too much of our depth, and would completely change the make-up of our team and locker room (including the growth of Paolo / Franz / Suggs / Anthony as our leaders). 

I think this is our team and will be for the foreseeable future. It's a great team and one that should be competing as a top 4 team in the East for years to come until the cap forces us to make trades that hinders our depth. 

I'm not sure anyone should have believed we could trade for Luka Doncic.

The only way Luka Doncic becomes available is if he turns around and demands a trade and I can't see him doing that for a couple years minimum.

Also, if you ever get the opportunity to trade for Luka Doncic without giving up the core you should do it identity be damned. He's one of the five best offensive players on planet earth. 

3 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

exactly!! Weltman even said this in preseason.. They wanted to keep the team together and see what improvements they make. On top of that we are building a culture in Orlando.. 

Only trade i see is minor trades involving some picks (Kispert for example) and i could see we go after a Free Agent like OG if he’s available.. We’d have to not pick up the option for G. Harris and Ingles which is plausible.. 

I think Okeke is out and maybe even J. Howard..  

Everything else is here to stay, including impending FA like Fultz or Isaac. no way we let them walk.