Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

As simple as I can possibly phrase what is quiet a complex situation:

For in season tournament reasons we need the Toronto Raptors to beat the Brooklyn Nets tonight. 

If the Raptors win, we win the Tournament Group and are through to the knock out round. 

If the Nets win and the Celtics lose (regardless of differential) we are 2nd in the group and would need to be the Wildcard (highest point differential second place team) to qualify. 

So if the Nets win we need the Celtics to win. This is because we own the head-to-head tie breaker over the Celtics but not the Nets. But if the Celtics and the Nets win there's a three way tie and no team has the clear head to head so then it'd be decided by point differential which we currently lead the group in.

If the Nets win by more than 15 points and the Celtics win by more than 22 points we'd finish third in the group overall and have no chance to qualify. 

So ideal tonight we need a Raptors win. If the Raptors lose we need the Celtics to win and for both the Celtics/Bulls and Raptors/Nets games to be close games. 

EDIT: there are scenarios where we're tied for point differential and it comes down to total points scored but I can't be bothered to go that deep.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

As simple as I can possibly phrase what is quiet a complex situation:

For in season tournament reasons we need the Toronto Raptors to beat the Brooklyn Nets tonight. 

If the Raptors win, we win the Tournament Group and are through to the knock out round. 

If the Nets win and the Celtics lose (regardless of differential) we are 2nd in the group and would need to be the Wildcard (highest point differential second place team) to qualify. 

So if the Nets win we need the Celtics to win. This is because we own the head-to-head tie breaker over the Celtics but not the Nets. But if the Celtics and the Nets win there's a three way tie and no team has the clear head to head so then it'd be decided by point differential which we currently lead the group in.

If the Nets win by more than 15 points and the Celtics win by more than 22 points we'd finish third in the group overall and have no chance to qualify. 

So ideal tonight we need a Raptors win. If the Raptors lose we need the Celtics to win and for both the Celtics/Bulls and Raptors/Nets games to be close games. 

EDIT: there are scenarios where we're tied for point differential and it comes down to total points scored but I can't be bothered to go that deep.

I've never been so invested in a Raptors vs Nets game before. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

So disgusted. I just watched an hour on ESPN about the play in tournament.

Kendrick Perkins, Brian Windhorst, others

Magic not mentioned once

***** them Harry. Makes it even more sweeter for us in the end 

22 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

So disgusted. I just watched an hour on ESPN about the play in tournament.

Kendrick Perkins, Brian Windhorst, others

Magic not mentioned once

yeah the disrespect has always been there. Even in the D12 days and us going to the finals.

I honestly don’t know why though.