Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

14 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Hey since we are winning and Isaac looks great no need to speculate. However, what is the worth of a player who hasn't really played much in almost 4 years?

The big thing about both Fultz and Isaac is they will need a 3rd contract soon. How do you pay players who weren't even worth the first two contracts they signed?

Sounds harsh but it's true. In fairness, if they both spent most of the year healthy i could see them staying out of loyalty. Fact is most injury riddled players move to have a fresh start or a different medical team.

Isaac is definitely taking a team friendly deal for us sticking by him. 

I kinda wanted to see how Franz and Paolo, our main go to players, do statistically.. The eye test is that they do struggle in Iso play situations. I see turnovers quite often and brick shots. But at the same time i feel like they can dominate. That’s why i wanted to see stats

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/isolation

Franz is only Scoring on 0.5 PPP (points per possession) and Paolo is scoring 0.67 PPP

thats really not great and statistically shows the struggle at times.. Also went through that list who could potentially help us in that regard. Not gonna lie, Cam Thomas looks good in these stats. 

As a team, we are in the bottom three of Teams PPP at 0.66

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/isolation

The NBAs best teams have high PPP rates as well. 

So that’s something we really need to improve on. Some can be through internal growth. I believe Franz and Paolo will develop nicely in that regard. But adding help there isn’t too bad of an idea either

4 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Hey since we are winning and Isaac looks great no need to speculate. However, what is the worth of a player who hasn't really played much in almost 4 years?

The big thing about both Fultz and Isaac is they will need a 3rd contract soon. How do you pay players who weren't even worth the first two contracts they signed?

Sounds harsh but it's true. In fairness, if they both spent most of the year healthy i could see them staying out of loyalty. Fact is most injury riddled players move to have a fresh start or a different medical team.

Grant Hill says hello. If you’ve waisted 50 million dollars on an injured player, then, why would you trade that player after they heal and and are really playing good. Makes zero sense. Especially for two seconds that this team doesn’t use anyway. Are you a secret lakers fan wanting Isaac??? Jk. Lol. 

13 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I'm so sad seeing this.

Why? Because I wanted to put $50 that Magic would win the NBA Championship this season. Payout would have been something like $15,000K. I was told by even my friends who were casual Magic fans it wouldn't make sense and I was just wasting my money. 

I don't know if we will actually win a championship, but man would it be fun. 

24 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm so sad seeing this.

Why? Because I wanted to put $50 that Magic would win the NBA Championship this season. Payout would have been something like $15,000K. I was told by even my friends who were casual Magic fans it wouldn't make sense and I was just wasting my money. 

I don't know if we will actually win a championship, but man would it be fun. 

Trey make the bet but put 85 dollars..

50 was your original amount

35 represents our anniversary year..

Do it... 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Trey make the bet but put 85 dollars..

50 was your original amount

35 represents our anniversary year..

Do it... 

I love it! Odds have gone up dramatically. We were at Vegas expected to be one of the worst teams in the league with +34000 odds. The multiplier was big enough to take a flyer if I felt we took all the right steps forward.

I'll be happy if we win just generally, but I think we - like the young Magic of '95 - will need a bit more seasoning before we take the title. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 5:56 AM, Jason Funderburker said:

Way too early to be dreaming about trade deadline stuff but imagine if we could swing Alex Caruso 

We would absolutely terrorize teams with a Caruso, Suggs, Franz, Paolo, Isaac lineup.  Shooting would be a concern but who cares at this point

Also, shout out to Neemias Queta, first Portuguese player in the NBA, for stepping up in Porzingis' absence and posting a near double double in 15 mins.