Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

Worth remembering that Markelle missed the first 21 games of the season, but Cole Anthony also missed 17 of those games, Gary Harris missed 17 of those games also, Jalen Suggs missed 7 of those games.

We missed Markelle definitely, but we also just never got a settled guard rotation to start the season. 

Bachero was not the third best prospect. Going into the college season he was seen as the best prospect and then the narrative changed. Smith had a great year and Chet who was maybe considered 1A had a decent year on a good team. The lottery was what really changed the national media. After we won the first pick everyone just said we needed shooting. Paolo was always the right pick we just couldn't agree on this board. He is freaking 6 foot ten, 240 and can handle,dribble and score at all 3 levels. Nuff said.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

What do you think our record would have been if Fultz didn’t play ? And yes, Suggs was considered a PG playing that position in college and his first year with the Magic 

The only way to judge rookies is by the stats and Paolo's first year stats hold up well against some of the best who've played the game. The learning curve means rookies aren't going to impact winning very much. Did you see the Cavs record LeBron's first year? According to you, that guy would be earmarked as a trash player, too. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

What do you think our record would have been if Fultz didn’t play ? And yes, Suggs was considered a PG playing that position in college and his first year with the Magic 

Hard to say, but I don’t blame not being able to contribute to wins to a rookie in his first 20 games. FWIW, we went 3-7 in the 10 games Paolo missed

48 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Bachero was not the third best prospect. Going into the college season he was seen as the best prospect and then the narrative changed. Smith had a great year and Chet who was maybe considered 1A had a decent year on a good team. The lottery was what really changed the national media. After we won the first pick everyone just said we needed shooting. Paolo was always the right pick we just couldn't agree on this board. He is freaking 6 foot ten, 240 and can handle,dribble and score at all 3 levels. Nuff said.

https://www.on3.com/news/espn-expert-reveals-post-lottery-2022-nba-mock-draft-auburn-duke-kansas-kentucky-ohio-state-michigan/
I never saw any writer claim he was the best …most all the sites had the big 3 fairly even and then everybody else …since they were fairly even he had the top 3 teams picking on fit …which was why Jabari was earmarked for us …cause he can shoot the 3 and Banchero was not adept at that in college and was worse in the pros …and well, we still suck at shooting threes after his first year 

35 minutes ago, DestroidMengars said:

The only way to judge rookies is by the stats and Paolo's first year stats hold up well against some of the best who've played the game. The learning curve means rookies aren't going to impact winning very much. Did you see the Cavs record LeBron's first year? According to you, that guy would be earmarked as a trash player, too. 

Yeah nobody said Lebron sucked and that’s all I’ll say to this post …I just remember when we got Shaq we immediately became playoff contenders just missing the playoffs …were 41-41 his first year and Shaq played with a bunch of scrubs 

44 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah nobody said Lebron sucked and that’s all I’ll say to this post …I just remember when we got Shaq we immediately became playoff contenders just missing the playoffs …were 41-41 his first year and Shaq played with a bunch of scrubs 

Shaq is one of the 10 best players ever. Of course Paolo isn’t as good

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I still say you are just stirring the pot. And Chet didn’t even play for Kentucky. Lmfao. Just get your Pom Pom’s out for Shaedon on a “Magic” board. Geez. Who’s next Gradey “media whore” Dick? Give it a rest. 

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I still say you are just stirring the pot. And Chet didn’t even play for Kentucky. Lmfao. Just get your Pom Pom’s out for Shaedon on a “Magic” board. Geez. Who’s next Gradey “media whore” Dick? Give it a rest. 

Says the guy who is constantly calling out Magic management lol …yeah Sharpe is my guy …but I’m also a Magic fan …I can do both and I plan too …I keep saying long way to go 

I’ll give you a depressing stat …I’m not exactly sure  …I think it could be 10 …but we’ve got up to 10 lottery picks on our current roster …Two of them went number 1 …and we still never really got close to making the playin game …which as we know means just making the top 10 in the East