Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

18 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Let's rename the topic:

2023 NBA Summer League Shaedon Sharpe Watch Thread

More fun than watching the Magic SL team, that’s for sure. 

In our four summer league games so far, the most we’ve scored has been 85 points.  In two of the four we scored less than 80.  Summer league isn’t noted for gritty defense. We’re not really watchable for more than very short periods of time IMO.  

21 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

More fun than watching the Magic SL team, that’s for sure. 

In our four summer league games so far, the most we’ve scored has been 85 points.  In two of the four we scored less than 80.  Summer league isn’t noted for gritty defense. We’re not really watchable for more than very short periods of time IMO.  

I would have to agree. Too many guys playing me ball. I think because they know we only have 2-way contracts available, so they’re trying to hard to show offense.

There is no reason for anyone to watch the NBA Summer League if top 15 picks won't play after 1-2 games. ESPN will stop showing them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sam Mitchell was the color commentator for the game …the lady made the comment that the Magic had the biggest jump in wins this past season …Mitchell acknowledged Orlando has talent but said, “I’m not sure they’re a playoff team” .

Speaking for myself …with all these lottery picks on this team …two of which were former number 1’s …if we don’t make the playoffs this upcoming season I’m gonna be very disappointed and will consider the season a failure .

32 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Sam Mitchell was the color commentator for the game …the lady made the comment that the Magic had the biggest jump in wins this past season …Mitchell acknowledged Orlando has talent but said, “I’m not sure they’re a playoff team” .

Speaking for myself …with all these lottery picks on this team …two of which were former number 1’s …if we don’t make the playoffs this upcoming season I’m gonna be very disappointed and will consider the season a failure .

F sam mitchell!

If things go right we are winning 50-54 games. We are getting homecourt advantage. The pessimistic bunch on here will then realise the vision

28 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

F sam mitchell!

If things go right we are winning 50-54 games. We are getting homecourt advantage. The pessimistic bunch on here will then realise the vision

Lol. On Mitchell. If the Magic stay healthy I expect 45-48 wins. Based on the 2nd half of the season and a little improvement in play. It’s reasonable. I’m always optimistic for wins. Despite myself, lol and am hopeful for a championship before I am not here anymore. 

Go Magic!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

F sam mitchell!

Say the leader of the optimistic bunch that has missed a few prediction last season! :P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Say the leader of the optimistic bunch that has missed a few prediction last season! :P

Hahahaha you got me Lukey

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I’d be happy with the 10th spot and a play-in

well MP you're about to be beyond happy. we are finishing top 4 

16 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

You mean last 5-6 seasons 

• Downvote 1