CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

2 more random Kelle thoughts as Soul would say lol …I visit other Magic sites …there are fans from other teams coming asking about Kelle …secondly, if we were a better shooting team how much would Kelle’s assist per game go up 

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

For what it's worth, as of now, to open the season, I think the 10 man rotation will be: 

Paolo

Franz

WCJ

Fultz

Suggs

Cole

AB

Gary Harris

JIngles 

Moe Wagner 

(Haven't done by position as I think it'll be pretty fluid)

With Goga, Chuma, Houstan, Bol (if retained), Jett and the two way guys playing more sporadically based on matchup and injuries etc. 

I think we'll see some experimental lineups to get everyone on the floor (and to push the boundaries of what some guys are capable of) like 3 guard lineups with AB at the 3, and possibly some jumbo lineups with AB/Franz at the 1/2. 

I'm pretty happy with that honestly, the only thing that kind of sucks is the lack of minutes for Jett but I think that's going to be one to monitor over the course of the season, maybe we move Gary Harris at the deadline for example if Jett looks ready for minutes.

And... I just realised I forgot Isaac. I dunno what to do with him? Will he play? How many games? When he played last year it was only 11mpg maybe he and Moe Wagner will kind of share that 10th rotation spot. 

And having just realised I forgot Isaac I see now we have 16 guys currently on roster. So Bol is likely getting waived either shortly or after camp unless he beats out one of Chuma or Goga or we make a trade that sends out more bodies than it brings in. 

I would like to see Chuma waived or traded. He does nothing for me. I would rather keep Bol and Goga.

Bol played really well when he played more minutes the first half of last season. For a player his height and being linky, he does hustle, getting down on the floor for loose balls. He also pushed the ball up the floor and made a few layups (contested).

As I said, Bol did all of this in the first half of last season until Goga joined the team. He, too, showed flashes of being a promising good addition to the team. The problem was that Mosely should have never had Bol and Goga in the game at the same time. It became awkward for both of them as far as where they were so to be on the court. Goga had only been with the Magic for a short period of time.

... What a team like Miami could offer

Miami Heat get:
Damian Lillard

Portland Trail Blazers get:
Tyler Herro
Duncan Robinson
Nikola Jovic
Draft rights to Jaime Jaquez Jr. (No. 18, 2023)
2028 first-round pick
2029 pick swap
2030 first-round pick

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/37919817/nba-free-agency-2023-big-trade-ideas-including-getting-damian-lillard-east-coast

Here's a trade idea offered up by an ESPN guru. Thing is we can greatly enhance the trade for Portland by taking Herro and including someone like Suggs, as well as a couple of protected first round picks. My point being WeltHam hold a huge deck of cards right now. If we don't engage, it won't be from a lack of assets but more out of self-restraint and flexibility, as CTMagic UK has alluded to. One other comment... Looking ahead, we have little room and playing time for more rookies and raw players, so I'll be interested to see how WeltHam adjust our rebuild in 2024 and 2025.

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

2 more random Kelle thoughts as Soul would say lol …I visit other Magic sites …there are fans from other teams coming asking about Kelle …secondly, if we were a better shooting team how much would Kelle’s assist per game go up 

yes   i have been saying this for a while     he would have a double double every game if guys could shoot   lol

Thinking about a Cole extension: 

Coby White: 3/33

Gabe Vincent: 3/33

Dennis Schroeder: 2/25

Tre Jones: 2/20

Austin Reaves: 4/56

Max Strus: 4/63

This off-season I think sets the bar for a Cole extension, if it happens, at 13-16m a season. 

Everyone here seemingly wants to trade for Tyler Herro. I'd give up some stuff for Caleb Martin if he's available. Retains flexibility, adds a good wing player. Doubt we do it, no idea what it'd cost.  

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Everyone here seemingly wants to trade for Tyler Herro. I'd give up some stuff for Caleb Martin if he's available. Retains flexibility, adds a good wing player. Doubt we do it, no idea what it'd cost.  

I have not focused on the heat, except when they played us and in the playoffs (and hero was out)   But isn't hero's play style vey similar to coles?

42 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

I have not focused on the heat, except when they played us and in the playoffs (and hero was out)   But isn't hero's play style vey similar to coles?

He's better, and bigger, but vaguely I guess. 

49 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Herro's game is also a lot more team oriented. Cole goes out there to get buckets, which can be useful, but he won't be as effective during bad shooting nights

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's better, and bigger, but vaguely I guess. 

yeah    i would agree better    but i was thinking the shoot first, chuck 'em up mentality    but Mauro says i'm wrong, herro more team oriented so mea culpa  lol