CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Right now Franz is a taller version of Ginobili, which is great. But not at 230 mil

Second time today I've to post all those points! :P

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

That Wagner deal is a huge overpay. I'm guessing it's a "we've got nothing else to spend this money on here have it" type deal.

That's the part of the FO I really dislike. Filling the money to spend that way instead of using that cap space for obtain even more assets.

There will be a point in which the right great player for us will become available, and we'll regret not having enough assets to beat other team offers.

9 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

That's the part of the FO I really dislike. Filling the money to spend that way instead of using that cap space for obtain even more assets.

There will be a point in which the right great player for us will become available, and we'll regret not having enough assets to beat other team offers.

You also have to have trade able contracts to make trades. That Wagner contract will be expiring. Why wouldn’t we be able to move it?  I’m sure it makes Franz happy also. 

Sheeeeshhhhhh!!!! What are we waiting for???

We, fans, are always in the realm of guessing/speculating, but if this is actually true, it’s a no-brainer for us.

• Like 1

Just now, JayMac said:

Sheeeeshhhhhh!!!! What are we waiting for???

We, fans, are always in the realm of guessing/speculating, but if this is actually true, it’s a no-brainer for us.

It all depends on the price but he sure fits our team and timeline. 

25 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

They definitely will trade him. He has done right by that franchise. Much like KG with Minnesota back in the day.  

Where do you think Dame will go?

12 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

It all depends on the price but he sure fits our team and timeline. 

Agreed. I tend to think this would make it and works on trade machine:

MIA gets: Lillard

POR gets: Duncan Robinson, Cole Anthony, Isaac, Okeke, MIA 1st rd 2024 & 2026 pick swaps, ORL 1st rd 2024 pick (top3 protected), DEN 1st rd 2025 pick (via ORL)

ORL gets: Herro

3 minutes ago, JayMac said:

Agreed. I tend to think this would make it and works on trade machine:

MIA gets: Lillard

POR gets: Duncan Robinson, Cole Anthony, Isaac, Okeke, MIA 1st rd 2024 & 2026 pick swaps, ORL 1st rd 2024 pick (top3 protected), DEN 1st rd 2025 pick (via ORL)

ORL gets: Herro

Hmmm you think Dame is worth all that... now that he is asking for a trade?

Portland is asking for what 100 first round picks for Dame?

But his contract is 180 mill with 2 years left and so I'd say Portland has almost no leverage in this... and it will be an ugly contract to match so that they can get first round picks 

I don't think that Miami thinks they are NBA champs if they add Dame... I know that they made the finals with... what 3 undrafted starters... probably says more about the coaching staff though...no doubt Jimmi balled out but I'm sorry that Heat team was not even the 4th best in the conference... they were the beneficiary of injuries to other teams key players at playoff time and somehow shot the lights out until they didn't... if I were Miami I wouldn't sell off all if my future draft picks for Dame... it appears that Miami is adept at producing and farming talent from within...

Sure he can score ... no doubt... but he is a super max contract... undersized at his position and aging and he already has concerns about defense abilities... 

As far as that trade would concern us... yes we already have plenty of rookies... so we could afford to send one out... but wouldn't you want to get something more than Herro for it???

With the new salary cap rules... first round picks are going to become increasingly valuable... those rookie contracts on players that work hard and ball out will be what wins SHIPS... 

For sure... NBA is trying to put a stop to super teams... so we might want to get something better than Herro.

Do you think Herro is a lock down defender 3 and D?

Or a Bonafied rim protector? I would want Herro coming off of the bench on our team... I would want Jett or Suggs or Black magic...or hopefully Issacs  getting minutes before Herro...

We aren't going to win the conference this year... the point of this year is to see how muchFultz and Suggs can improve... see if WCJ is our guy at Center..."he looks good so far"...

And to try and develop our young guys... yeah I think the rookies will get plenty of run this year...

We don't need to take on any contracts right now until we get a little better identity to our team...

My guess is that Broklyn gets Dame and they make Portland eat Ben Simmon's contract and they only get 2 first rounds out of it...

Maybe Houston... but I doubt Miami will actually come off 4 first round picks for Dame... as much as Dame wants to go to Miami...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Oveido Voodoo said:

Hmmm you think Dame is worth all that... now that he is asking for a trade?

Portland is asking for what 100 first round picks for Dame?

But his contract is 180 mill with 2 years left and so I'd say Portland has almost no leverage in this... and it will be an ugly contract to match so that they can get first round picks 

I don't think that Miami thinks they are NBA champs if they add Dame... I know that they made the finals with... what 3 undrafted starters... probably says more about the coaching staff though...no doubt Jimmi balled out but I'm sorry that Heat team was not even the 4th best in the conference... they were the beneficiary of injuries to other teams key players at playoff time and somehow shot the lights out until they didn't... if I were Miami I wouldn't sell off all if my future draft picks for Dame... it appears that Miami is adept at producing and farming talent from within...

Sure he can score ... no doubt... but he is a super max contract... undersized at his position and aging and he already has concerns about defense abilities... 

As far as that trade would concern us... yes we already have plenty of rookies... so we could afford to send one out... but wouldn't you want to get something more than Herro for it???

With the new salary cap rules... first round picks are going to become increasingly valuable... those rookie contracts on players that work hard and ball out will be what wins SHIPS... 

For sure... NBA is trying to put a stop to super teams... so we might want to get something better than Herro.

Do you think Herro is a lock down defender 3 and D?

Or a Bonafied rim protector? I would want Herro coming off of the bench on our team... I would want Jett or Suggs or Black magic...or hopefully Issacs  getting minutes before Herro...

We aren't going to win the conference this year... the point of this year is to see how muchFultz and Suggs can improve... see if WCJ is our guy at Center..."he looks good so far"...

And to try and develop our young guys... yeah I think the rookies will get plenty of run this year...

We don't need to take on any contracts right now until we get a little better identity to our team...

My guess is that Broklyn gets Dame and they make Portland eat Ben Simmon's contract and they only get 2 first rounds out of it...

Maybe Houston... but I doubt Miami will actually come off 4 first round picks for Dame... as much as Dame wants to go to Miami...

Great post!

Well, Miami would not give up picks “literally speaking”, they would giive Portland the right to take the most favourable between each other’s picks.

From our side, it’s a big package in order to “beat the competition”. The Nets and the Spurs are said to be the temas possibly involved. Honestly, I don’t see the Nets willing to send Bridges or Johnson and I don’t believe Portland wants Cam Thomas and especially not Ben Simmons... Apart from that, Claxton and picks may be their only “package”.

The Spurs could do something around Vassel, McDermott and picks also. And I can also imagine Toronto may be interested.

About Herro’s fit with our core, I think he fits like a glove with Paolo, Franz, WCJ and Fultz (and Black in the future), adding shooting and scoring while spreading the offense. It makes a lot of sense to me. Gary Harris timeline does not match with our core and so, without seeing Jett on an NBA court and assuming Suggs & Cole do not take a leap in their game (I really hope they do), SG is clearly our weakest position in the starting 5.

34 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Russell Westbrook back to the Clippers for 2 years, half of what Moe Wagner is making :)

Landale just got 4-$32 millions. It's the market, no need to stress yourself.