Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

Here’s my thing. Black is a fine player. Plays defense, makes passes, good glue guy off the bench rn imo.

Look at our  backcourt...Fultz, Cole, Suggs and now Black with Gary Harris as our lone true starting 2 guard who outside of hitting a wide open three, is atrocious at pretty much everything else. Our backcourt was one of the worst offensively. It still is.

It’s a weak FA class this year. Next year’s draft is horrible. This draft for me was the last kick at the tires to bring in that last piece. I feel we failed in that regard. IMO we just prolonged the rebuild another year or two with this draft and it irks me.

33 minutes ago, Jon said:

Here’s my thing. Black is a fine player. Plays defense, makes passes, good glue guy off the bench rn imo.

Look at our  backcourt...Fultz, Cole, Suggs and now Black with Gary Harris as our lone true starting 2 guard who outside of hitting a wide open three, is atrocious at pretty much everything else. Our backcourt was one of the worst offensively. It still is.

It’s a weak FA class this year. Next year’s draft is horrible. This draft for me was the last kick at the tires to bring in that last piece. I feel we failed in that regard. IMO we just prolonged the rebuild another year or two with this draft and it irks me.

This draft was a crapshoot after the top 3 picks. Black was the BPA, so I don't see how we "failed" in that regard. Both the Wizards and Jazz were trying to jump in front of us for Black. So I don't understand what the fuzz is all about.

34 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I liked this kids game after watching him ball out in the Maui tournament. But this was the game where I fell in love with his game. He was the sole reason UConn didn't win this game by 40. The kid was a menace on both ends of the floor. 

10 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

This draft was a crapshoot after the top 3 picks. Black was the BPA, so I don't see how we "failed" in that regard. Both the Wizards and Jazz were trying to jump in front of us for Black. So I don't understand what the fuzz is all about.

Because our best assets, was the 6 and 11 picks. They are now gone. 

Our weakness, which keeps us from going to the next level, is still our weakness minus the best assets we had. We used our best asset on a guy who shares that same weakness. 

1 minute ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Richaun Holmes is also twice as good as Dwight Powell. Good pickup for the Mavs

I like Powell personally lol, think I'd rather have him than Holmes.

There's a weird thing where if we picked Coulibaly loads of people who are down on Black would be happy but he's also a defense first, questionable jumper guy. 

• Upvote 1