Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

32 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

should be fun games against talented teams. Wish we would have faced Houston again. Last year was fun.. 

I don’t expect Black to have a great summer league. Summer league is too wild for players that like to play organized bball. 
I remember Franz looking horrible in summer league and how fans hit the panic button..

Howard could get some buckets though (if he’s healthy) 

Also i expect them to play most games as they were said to earn their minutes. 

6 minutes ago, Jon said:

What starting Sg do you think you can get with Cole and KeKe?

I see a a dysfunctional roster that won’t work in the modern NBA. 

This team also went from 21-51 (2020-2021) to 22-60 (2021-2022) to 34-48 (2022-2023)... I think the roster seems to be working pretty well. 

I also didn't say we package Cole and Okeke for a starting SG...I just said I think we need to move on from them. I do think some type of package with Cole/Isaac/Okeke could get somebody interested. Maybe we throw in Suggs and Harris for a 3-team trade? 

17 minutes ago, Jon said:

What starting Sg do you think you can get with Cole and KeKe?

I see a a dysfunctional roster that won’t work in the modern NBA. 

Define "dysfunctional" and "won't work" because this team won 34 games last season with it's best players being a rookie and a 2nd year player and with a bunch of injuries that caused us to start 5-20.

It's not unrealistic to believe this team will win 40+ games and contend for the playoffs this season.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Define "dysfunctional" and "won't work" because this team won 34 games last season with it's best players being a rookie and a 2nd year player and with a bunch of injuries that caused us to start 5-20.

It's not unrealistic to believe this team will win 40+ games and contend for the playoffs this season.

Identical players. Obsession with length over skill. Evaluate one year. Make decision next year just to end up back to square one.

It’s more realistic that we will do what we did last year.

33 minutes ago, Jon said:

Eh sounds like they didn’t get what they wanted and now just describing what they got.

How so? Black has been their target for the past month. I believe his camp knew all along the Magic were his landing spot. Both the Jazz and Wizards were in talks with Detroit to jump in front of us to draft him.

Utah has been in contact with the Pistons about trading up from Nos. 9 and 16, according to league sources, with rival teams of the belief the Jazz are searching to get above Washington’s eighth pick in order to select Arkansas guard Anthony Black.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/rumor-jazz-attempting-to-trade-up-in-draft-to-select-anthony-black/ar-AA1cNOO3

And as for Howard, it was reported some weeks back that he had a good workout for them and that they were high on him. I mean Grady and Hawkins ( two of the best shooters in this draft) were still on the board. So it's clear they had a higher grade on Howard than they did them.

So I don't understand how they didn't get who they wanted, when the two guys they drafted were the two guy they were targeted all this time.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yup. I think if your starters stay healthy the majority of the season, that is not unreasonable. 

Heat will still be good. Hawks will underperform (I have little to no faith in Trey). Hornets and Wizards are in full rebuild. 

9 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

How so? Black has been their target for the past month. I believe his camp knew all along the Magic were his landing spot. Both the Jazz and Wizards were in talks with Detroit to jump in front of us to draft him.

Utah has been in contact with the Pistons about trading up from Nos. 9 and 16, according to league sources, with rival teams of the belief the Jazz are searching to get above Washington’s eighth pick in order to select Arkansas guard Anthony Black.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/rumor-jazz-attempting-to-trade-up-in-draft-to-select-anthony-black/ar-AA1cNOO3

And as for Howard, it was reported some weeks back that he had a good workout for them and that they were high on him. I mean Grady and Hawkins ( two of the best shooters in this draft) were still on the board. So it's clear they had a higher grade on Howard than they did them.

So I don't understand how they didn't get who they wanted, when the two guys they drafted were the two guy they were targeted all this time.

You can find reports of them wanting to trade up all over the place.

Look, y’all seem to have complete utter faith in Weham. I don’t.

Is Black really a PG? I don’t see anything that says he is some elite playmaker. Even back in high school days his assists are low. 

9 minutes ago, Jon said:

You can find reports of them wanting to trade up all over the place.

Look, y’all seem to have complete utter faith in Weham. I don’t.

It's cool if you don't have faith in them, but it's a bit weird when you say "they didn't get the guy they wanted", when it's clear as day these two were guy they were targeted all along.

Plus, the same guys that reported Cam Whitmore was falling, were the same ones that were saying the Magic, Wizard and Jazz were high on Black.

6 minutes ago, Jon said:

I don’t see anything that says he is some elite playmaker. 

You could just... Watch him play basketball to see this. 

Cason Wallace was better …and yeah I’m a UK fan …but I think you’ll see and at this point it’s hard to bet against UK guards flourishing in the pros …he went 10th and OKC traded up to get him …I know who looked better when they played head to head …and UK had injuries and a down year also