Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Odds that the Magic make a trade tonight? What your guess? 

If we’re including our second rounder I’d say 85% chance.

If just one of the two first rounders, I’d say 55%. I think something funky will happen 

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I can't help it. I want Bilal with one of our picks, assuming we don't trade for Scoot :)

Why is Kendall from Succession doing draft analysis?

The only guy I really think doesn’t fit our team is Jarace. I’d be cool with anyone else

14 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Why is Kendall from Succession doing draft analysis?

The only guy I really think doesn’t fit our team is Jarace. I’d be cool with anyone else

Kendall Roy would pick Bilal Coulibaly at 6 too if he was a GM lol

EDIT: actually he might pick Emoni Bates lol, Kendall seems like he'd be a "real hooper" type of guy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I’d say 100% if we include the 2nd round. Lol

This! :D

Seriously, the way FO is building until now, I would be really surprised if we end with a trade involving multiple players/assets.

But as a lot of members said, it's also unlikely we'll add 3 rookies next season, so trading the 2nd rounder has high%, but if the players they like are gone, I would like a trade involving one of the first+assets.

32 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Actually I doubt they use all three draft picks, even if it’s just trading our current second rounder for a future second rounder

I didn’t consider the second rounder, sorry! Much higher % then perhaps 100%, roster spots are limited and vets will be on the menu after the draft is over.

40 minutes ago, Jon said:

Please for the love of all humanity don’t draft Black.

It’s a smoke screen bc Utah wants him.

34 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Obviously I missed him.  Thank you for the information.  Of course as a PF playing time might be a little difficult to find, but probably a good problem to have.  

His mobility makes him positionless but if you must attach labels he could be a pf/c.  

My favourite part of the immediate draft discourse is when people get mad their favourite team didn't pick their guy and/or picked a guy they didn't like and act like the players entire career has been decided before they've played a game in the NBA. 

I don't know but I'm feeling like this board could be very fun in an hour and a half. 

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

My favourite part of the immediate draft discourse is when people get mad their favourite team didn't pick their guy and/or picked a guy they didn't like and act like the players entire career has been decided before they've played a game in the NBA. 

I don't know but I'm feeling like this board could be very fun in an hour and a half. 

always goes mental. Rollercoaster incoming