Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

23 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Odds that the Magic make a trade tonight? What your guess? 

As high as 1%.  

33 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

A little depressing that yet once again we’re mostly talking about people (other than Grady Dick) who would have to develop a shot. 

Or am I missing something?  Admit to not following college basketball very closely (and some of the guys we’re talking about aren’t even college players).  

TAYLOR MF’N HENDRICKS

Ausar Thompson | Guard | Overtime Elite

High-end compAndre Iguodala

Low-end comp: Taller Isaac Okoro

Ausar's physical gifts and tenacity give him a chance to become a valuable two-way perimeter player, capable of slowing down the opponent's top scorers and also chipping in buckets and making plays for teammates -- the type of role Iguodala grew into and excelled at for much of his career. The concerns are that he might never be an above-average catch-and-shoot player, which would greatly limit his utility away from the ball, and that his on-ball acumen might not quite evolve to cover for the shooting struggles, either. Thompson's defense and work ethic should keep him relevant, but there's a range of outcomes tied to how his offensive impact evolves.
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/37886586/2023-nba-draft-player-comps-all-14-projected-lottery-picks?platform=amp

The Magic have explored moving around in the draft but will have a difficult choice to make if they stay put, particularly if the Rockets and Pistons opt to pass on Whitmore and send him down into the next part of the lottery.

Givony has said this repeatedly 

59 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

As high as 1%.  

Actually I doubt they use all three draft picks, even if it’s just trading our current second rounder for a future second rounder

58 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

TAYLOR MF’N HENDRICKS

Obviously I missed him.  Thank you for the information.  Of course as a PF playing time might be a little difficult to find, but probably a good problem to have.  

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I can't help it. I want Bilal with one of our picks, assuming we don't trade for Scoot :)

I want at least one guy who can shoot.  I don’t care what happens with the other pick as long as we get one shooter. 

Tired of languishing in the three point cellar and watching other teams clog up the paint by sagging off our non-shooters and daring them to shoot.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

A little depressing that yet once again we’re mostly talking about people (other than Grady Dick) who would have to develop a shot. 

Or am I missing something?  Admit to not following college basketball very closely (and some of the guys we’re talking about aren’t even college players).  

You are absolutely right