Sign in to follow this  
ABANets

I'm seeing 250-1 on Orlando to win the East

Someone please explain to me why this isn't printing money.

I don't follow the Magic much, but I love Bol Bol.  Banchero is 6'10".  Fultz hit .534 efg% this year, with nice assist/turnover.

Franz looks like a player.  Isaac could still make it. Carter Jr. is quite good. Anthony shot better, might still mature.

But mainly...250 to 1 on Jalen Suggs. That guy plays so hard.

Now add the 6 pick or what you might get for it.  Just don't start the year 5 and 20 and there is no ceiling.

I almost didn't even approve this thread because it feels like trolling but if you're earnest:

The easiest way to explain why it's not printing money is it's not going to happen, thus it's a lot more like shredding money. 

Bol Bol will almost certainly have no impact on how good the Magic are.  .534 eFG is below league average so a weird stat to raise for Fultz.

Jalen Suggs wasn't even the 4th most important player on the team last year so the idea he's the main guy who'll help us win the East is odd. Especially compared to such throw away lines about Franz and Paolo.

17 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

if we are 250-1 to win the East i will put 100 down now.

To win the East? You think, that this team will be better than all of Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, Cleveland, Philly next season. And not only that but win 3 straight playoff series and make the finals? 

After being less than .500 this season and having basically 0 playoff experience. 

On what basis other than blind optimism?

With Fultz it's the trend. (His .534 is is #83/123, but that's below 38 C's and PF's, so among SG, SF, and PG's, he was 45/85)

With Suggs it's how hard he plays.

With Bol it's his potential.

With the bet it's the odds.

Better hurry, it won't last.   Only FD has it, the other sites are already mostly 100 to 1 or less.

No, I don't think Orlando will win the East.  I'd put them at about 35 to 1.  Up to you how you want to monetize it.  There are ways.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

You think, that this team will be better than all of Milwaukee, Boston, Miami, Cleveland, Philly next season. 

No, I think those odds are superb.  Bucks  and Heat are too old. Philly is a mess.  Cleveland and Boston are contenders but not dominant.  Everyone else is close to par except Detroit.  Magic played the Heat close and beat the Celtics.  But they are improving.

10 minutes ago, ABANets said:

No, I think those odds are superb.  Bucks  and Heat are too old. Philly is a mess.  Cleveland and Boston are contenders but not dominant.  Everyone else is close to par except Detroit.  Magic played the Heat close and beat the Celtics.  But they are improving.

Right but none of that matters. To win a bet that's "To win the East" they'd have to win the East... It doesn't matter what the odds are. 

How are you printing money if the bet doesn't actually win? 

Hey man, you do you. It's your money. 

But I'm pretty confident that anyone who bets on the Magic and cites Bol Bol and Jalen Suggs who started 19 games last year as some of the primary reasons why isn't doing so for the right reasons. 

Someone explain to me the payout here (I bet $10, I get... $2,500?). I might put money down if the risk is worth it prior to the draft. If we move up for a player like Scoot, I think we could be top 4 depending on what we give up. 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

How are you printing money if the bet doesn't actually win? 

You can cash out or hedge with enough movement.  Miami was behind in the 4th Q of the 2nd play-in against the Bulls.

On 4/24 they were up 2 games to 1 on the Bucks, getting 60-1 to win the East.  Parity is a real thing, and it isn't going away.

I also have smaller bets (proportionally) on Indiana and Charlotte at 250-1, Atlanta at 42-1, my Nets at 65-1, Bulls at 60-1 and a pile on Cleveland at 9-1.

But the Orlando bet is tops in my book.