Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 hours ago, Shine88 said:

Jalen Brunson shouldn't be guarding Cade Cunningham. The man abused him all game long and is going to be a defensive liability for the entire tournament. 

20 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Let’s say it’s 75-25 or 80-20.  Pick your number.  Whatever it is, you’re still potentially alienating a substantial fraction of your fans for no benefit. Strictly from a business standpoint, it doesn’t make sense to me.  

I wasn’t disagreeing that someone would be alienated …was disagreeing with your premise that half the fan base was liberals ….especially in this state see the previous link I posted .

7 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Jalen Brunson shouldn't be guarding Cade Cunningham. The man abused him all game long and is going to be a defensive liability for the entire tournament. 

didn’t see it.. Brunson is the better Fiba Ball player. Cade wouldn’t be able to play like that.. 

Overall, i get it. This is practice. But it looks like professional AAU basketball, or Rico Hines pick up basketball, rather than FIBA ball. they need to implement some plays.. 

Franz was solid today. Nothing special. His handle looks tighter imo, but i’m not quite sure

i get the Cade hype. He’s a great player. But let’s be honest. That was NBA style scrimmage.. i believe Team USA will have a difficult time if they don’t defend and play Fiba style ball. They don’t have the superior personal imo and international players are better and keep improving. 

Team USA is switching everything, giving up lanes and opening the paint up like crazy. 

the good international teams won’t allow this..

This is Luka Doncic. just some highlights. But it can be seen how tough teams are making it for Luka. The majority of the time, the paint is protected by two bigs. Only way for Luka is to basically playmake at half court. Be threat at half court. 

I don’t think Cade would be able to operate like that in FIBA ball.. 

but we’ll see. It’s just my feelings i got watching team USA practice.

A lot of the stuff they are playing, you can be successful with Lebron and Melo dominating, but this team is different. That’s why they should play differently. 

And i still believe they should have selected WCJ.

Jackson also said initiating contact on defense by leading the chest is permissible, which is good for him because he led the NBA in fouls last year, too, averaging 3.6 fouls per game. Players foul out after five fouls in the FIBA game, compared to six in the NBA. “It’s more physical in FIBA,” he said. “You can use your chest a lot more. You can’t really use your hands, so that’s the similarity (with the NBA), but you can use your chest in FIBA just to get him off you or whatever the case. The defense gets a lot of benefit of the doubt, for the most part.”

wait til he finds out. FIBA is more physical in the paint. But there can be some ticky tacky calls all over the place as well.. 
basically how Magic games are officiated..lol

On 8/5/2023 at 12:03 PM, ball junkie said:

I wasn’t disagreeing that someone would be alienated …was disagreeing with your premise that half the fan base was liberals ….especially in this state see the previous link I posted .

Actually, the Magic are based in Central Florida, which is the most liberal section of the state, so it probably is closer to 50/50. The conservative enclaves are in the south, where they are Miami Heat fans, and the Villages, where they root for whatever team is in the state they moved here from. 

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/08/08/paolo-banchero-gets-test-center-first-u-s-basketball-showing/

anyone watch the game? Seems like Paolo was a non-factor with 3-4 shooting for 7 points, 1 rebound, and 1 assist in a 117-74 blowout of Puerto Rico. Intrigued he's playing the Draymond Green role for Steve Kerr, but still would like to see more out of him. 

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2023/08/08/paolo-banchero-gets-test-center-first-u-s-basketball-showing/

anyone watch the game? Seems like Paolo was a non-factor with 3-4 shooting for 7 points, 1 rebound, and 1 assist in a 117-74 blowout of Puerto Rico. Intrigued he's playing the Draymond Green role for Steve Kerr, but still would like to see more out of him. 

He did a really good job boxing out. He needs to hit his free throws, though. Love that they are giving him minutes at C. Hopefully, Mose gives him minutes at the 5 this season.

10 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Didn’t get a chance to watch, was hoping P was going to dominate, but doesn’t sound like that was the case. 

Not in the center position. Kerr is clueless without curry and Thompson. Most over rated  coach of all time.