Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

11 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

I think Black can play with Cole and Suggs off the bench. He’s big enough to guard 3’s, obviously has the facilitating, and moves pretty well off the ball for a guy without a great deep shot. Conversely (outside of Hendricks) there wasn’t really anyone else at 6 you can plug into that bench without taking their minutes. 

One take i took from interviews of Weltman yesterday was that we want positionless basketball and also high bball iq.. 

Although i love what Cole brings to this team. Ultimately he is not what we are aiming for imo. 
He can’t provide to the vision of positionless basketball and he also is a score first, low bball iq type playing style

29 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

One take i took from interviews of Weltman yesterday was that we want positionless basketball and also high bball iq.. 

Although i love what Cole brings to this team. Ultimately he is not what we are aiming for imo. 
He can’t provide to the vision of positionless basketball and he also is a score first, low bball iq type playing style

I thought he really settled in towards the end of last year where he was picking his spots better, and as a result scoring chunks of points efficiently. Can he do that long term? I don’t know, but to your point, no he’s definitely confined to a certain role because of his size and play style. 

29 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I thought he really settled in towards the end of last year where he was picking his spots better, and as a result scoring chunks of points efficiently. Can he do that long term? I don’t know, but to your point, no he’s definitely confined to a certain role because of his size and play style. 

Potential Free Agents?

• Gary Trent Jr.
  • Victor Oladipo
  • Seth Curry
  • Max Strus
  • PJ Washington
  • Shake Milton

I personally wouldn't mind the Magic making some type of offer to the Trailblazers for Dame, then going after Gary Trent Jr. as 6th man. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Potential Free Agents?

• Gary Trent Jr.
  • Victor Oladipo
  • Seth Curry
  • Max Strus
  • PJ Washington
  • Shake Milton

I personally wouldn't mind the Magic making some type of offer to the Trailblazers for Dame, then going after Gary Trent Jr. as 6th man. 

Gary Trent isn't available anymore, he opted in.

32 minutes ago, DestroidMengars said:

Gary Trent isn't available anymore, he opted in.

FA class is weak.. I’d only try and get Cam Johnson.. I could see that F. Wagner, Johnson, Banchero could work in an interchangeable kind of system. 

53 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Potential Free Agents?

• Gary Trent Jr.
  • Victor Oladipo
  • Seth Curry
  • Max Strus
  • PJ Washington
  • Shake Milton

As noted, Trent opted in. I assume Oladipo will opt in as well, and if he doesn't, his injury history concerns me. I like Seth Curry, and he strikes me as the type of veteran SG we should be trying to bring in, though at 32-33 I would prefer a 2-3 year deal instead of a 4-year. I think Strus and Milton are guys to look at as well. Washington is a forward that is going to want to be a starter, but I don't think with Franz and Paolo that he would be a good fit here. 

13 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Steal Reeves from the Lakeshow.

he will get way too much money and won’t get that Laker special treatment by refs anymore.. Reaves is like Linsanity. All hype.. 

His play is not sustainable. Dude was getting FT like Harden