Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

On 5/22/2023 at 11:17 PM, Luke_FfS said:

On a side note, Hezonja won the Euroleague with his team.

I had no idea he had signed with Real Madrid. Actually getting minutes for them and scoring 20 the other day is something that I would've deemed as optimistic. Maybe his jumper just works better in Spain

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

I think he has matured a bit, perhaps humbled might be more accurate. I watched an interview with him and Shannon Sharpe awhile ago where he said he wants to mentor young players. He has played every role in the NBA from franchise star to bench player, he has extensive playoff experience, he's been part of big trades, played in many different systems, played with other superstars, and has been loved by the fan base he played for and hated. He has basically experienced everything a pro athlete can, if his intentions are good you can argue young players can learn more from him than nearly any other player in the league. He also looks fit enough to be able to contribute on the court and would give us someone who can defend the paint which we don't really have.

Sign him for a cheap non-guaranteed contract. If he doesn't work out you simply waive him and move on. I see it as all reward no risk.

I'm a hard pass on Dwight. In his whole career, he's never shown the humility or ability to mentor younger players. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Add a great shooter to our mix and Paolo & Franz will have so much more space to work with. I'm excited about what next season is going to bring!

That’s going to be a thing.. But actually Harris is a pretty decent shooter.. I’d say we need to add a scoring threat and playmaker to that lineup. 

Teams are going to have to deal with 5 players who actually can playmake and break down defenses. That’s going to make us unique in a way imo

Also i think he’ll add better and effective shooting to his game. Banchero is going to be an unstoppable force. He already improved his shooting from college to the NBA. I think this off season he’ll become even better, as he doesn’t really have to add anything else to his repertoire (maybe down the road he could add a floater to his game)

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Add a great shooter to our mix and Paolo & Franz will have so much more space to work with. I'm excited about what next season is going to bring!

Gary Harris literally shot 43% from 3PT range this season (compared to Cole who shot 36%, Suggs who shot 33%, and Fultz who shot 31% - which were all career highs). Like Orlandoholic said, maybe he need more of a playmaker or someone better at defense than Harris at SG, but from a shooting standpoint, I don't think people realize how good of a shooter Harris was last season when he played in that starting lineup. 

Fultz shooting 31% from three really hurt our team. Plus, Paulo was wildly inconsistent out there, shooting 29% on the year, though he improved near the end of the year. This led to a lot of defenses sagging into the paint daring both guys to shoot. It'd be nice for our team to add some more three point threats, including movement shooters. I'm so curious what out point guard position will look like over the coming years.

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Fultz shooting 31% from three really hurt our team. Plus, Paulo was wildly inconsistent out there, shooting 29% on the year, though he improved near the end of the year. This led to a lot of defenses sagging into the paint daring both guys to shoot. It'd be nice for our team to add some more three point threats, including movement shooters. I'm so curious what out point guard position will look like over the coming years.

I’m not actually sure, but didn’t Paolo shoot better in the beginning of the season and his shooting declined as the year progressed? 

I have no facts for that, but that’s how i felled throughout the season.. 

Like i said, Harris was a good shooter, we need more than that.. The more i think about it, i dig Wallace as a perfect fit, or Ausar like CTMagic suggested and id move Siggs to the starting lineup. I also believe Suggs will be a much improved player and shooter after a fully healthy off season (hopefully) He’s been recovering the pst few off seasons

5 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I’m not actually sure, but didn’t Paolo shoot better in the beginning of the season and his shooting declined as the year progressed? 

I have no facts for that, but that’s how i felled throughout the season.. 

Like i said, Harris was a good shooter, we need more than that.. The more i think about it, i dig Wallace as a perfect fit, or Ausar like CTMagic suggested and id move Siggs to the starting lineup. I also believe Suggs will be a much improved player and shooter after a fully healthy off season (hopefully) He’s been recovering the pst few off seasons

Ready for this? Paulo shot 3% from three in February. 3%. Then through all of March and into April, he shot 37+% from three. 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Ready for this? Paulo shot 3% from three in February. 3%. Then through all of March and into April, he shot 37+% from three. 

He had nerve damage in his cervical region. This makes perfect sense to me when you look at how he shot before that time and after he healed. 

https://therookiewire.usatoday.com/2023/04/07/magic-paolo-banchero-neck-injury/

22 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I had no idea he had signed with Real Madrid. Actually getting minutes for them and scoring 20 the other day is something that I would've deemed as optimistic. Maybe his jumper just works better in Spain

Told you bro! Dortmund was gonna faint.. 

• Like 1