Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

52 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

what a great extension Wendell Carter Jr was!! great job by Weltham.. 

I hope he can make another step in the off season. Keep working on that 3 ball and add some post moves. 
I could see him getting invited on Team USA. He’s the best FIBA style center after Bam Adebayo.. 

Could argue that Ayton would dominate in FIBA ball. But he doesn’t fit in what TEAM USA usually prefers for their big man rotation 

Jarrett Allen, Robert Williams, possibly Myles Turner all probably get in over him.

47 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jarrett Allen, Robert Williams, possibly Myles Turner all probably get in over him.

Wendell is a better FIBA player imo.. Maybe you add Allen for rim protection and i’d call him up too.. 

id go Bam, WCJ and Allen tbh.. Probably even add another big. You need bigs these days playing FIBA ball. Especially if France gonna add Embiid and also got Wembanyama 

So here's something I've thought about. 

A lot of people on this board have brought up how they admire the Heat organisation (often in spite of it being Miami) and what they're consistently able to accomplish. 

Well, in my opinion, one of the hallmarks of their organisation is consistency. They've had Pat Riley as the lead front office decision maker for the last 20 years.

But second to that is Spoelstra. He's been head coach for 15 or so years now and has the safety and security to make difficult decisions and experiment etc without fear of being fired. And because he's been in the job for so long he's developed into one of the best 2 or 3 coaches in the game. And it didn't have to be this way. I'd venture 95% of franchises would have fired him after that Finals loss to Dallas. I'd venture every other franchise in the league would have fired him when LeBron asked them to. A lot of teams might have also fired a coach who didn't even make the playoffs with the post LeBron team (Bosh & Wade). But they didn't. Every time they stuck by a guy they knew was a very good coach and he's rewarded them by proving he's a great one. 

Now I'm not at all saying that Mosely will be a Spoelstra level coach, because not everyone can be as great as Spo no matter how much time you give them. But it is just something to think about when you want to fire a young coach just because other guys are available. 

• Upvote 1

I don't want to fire him for the sake of, but there're some legitimate doubts about in-game decision. I absolutely hope he can improve with the team and grow together.

As for Miami, both FO and coach surely gave me more confidence than ours, so stability is a great thing... when everything is working great.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

OK everyone 2 games until Jaylen Brown wants out!!!!

This Mazulla guy might be the worst coach in the league. And Grant Williams is a clown. The second he poked the bear I knew Jimmy was winning that game 

45 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

OK everyone 2 games until Jaylen Brown wants out!!!!

I mean, he's kind of been part of the problem. 

Game 2 he was 7 of 23 from the field and a game low -24. 

Game 1 he was 10 for 21 from the field and had 6 turnovers. 

He's a very very good player but his handles and passing are pretty awful for a star SG. 

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I mean, he's kind of been part of the problem. 

Game 2 he was 7 of 23 from the field and a game low -24. 

Game 1 he was 10 for 21 from the field and had 6 turnovers. 

He's a very very good player but his handles and passing are pretty awful for a star SG. 

Yeah, he’d be a perfect fit here as a 3rd option on offense and defensive stopper on the wing, but I doubt he’d be pleased in that role. The higher JB’s usage is, the worse he plays

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, he’d be a perfect fit here as a 3rd option on offense and defensive stopper on the wing, but I doubt he’d be pleased in that role. The higher JB’s usage is, the worse he plays

Yea and I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to leave to be the "man" on his own team rather than playing #2 to Tatum which honestly I could see going kind of badly if the roster wasn't really well constructed. 

If he decides to leave Boston and wants a team to let him be the unequivocal #1 option, I don't want that team to be us personally. If he wants to be part of a balanced offense attack while playing great defense sure welcome aboard. 

Rumours (unsubstantiated ones by randoms not any reporters) that Vuc wants to return to us this summer and is willing to sacrifice salary to make it happen.