Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

My least favorite teams are doing so well!  Lakers, Heat and Celtics….booooo

Having grown up in Maine, I was a big Celtics fan back in the day (Bird, McHale, etc); so they are my 2nd team, but I hate the Heat and the Lakers. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:57 AM, jmmagicfan said:

Having grown up in Maine, I was a big Celtics fan back in the day (Bird, McHale, etc); so they are my 2nd team, but I hate the Heat and the Lakers. 

Having lived in L.A. for 18 years I was a big Laker fan during the showtime years. Seeing Magic, Kareem, Byron, Rambis, McAdoo, Michaekl Cooper, and Worthy all playing together was amazing! When they got LeBron they became my least favorite team.

• Like 1

Look at Trae Young go!

I maintain that his main problem is between the ears. He has all the talent to succeed, just needs to be more creative on offense, work more off the ball and expend more energy on defense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Look at Trae Young go!

I maintain that his main problem is between the ears. He has all the talent to succeed, just needs to be more creative on offense, work more off the ball and expend more energy on defense.

I agree, but those weren't the same point made of him a couple of seasons ago?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

This is what makes me anxious to see what (if anything) our guys add to their games over the course of the summer. The good players continue to work on their strengths, the great ones recognize and work to improve their weaknesses. I'm not a fan of Lebron, but this is part of what has made him a great player. Without that self-assessment and commitment, you have a Carmelo Anthony; with it you have a Michael Jordan, Steph Curry, Lebron, or Kobe. I think Trae is on the Carmelo track, of a very good player who works on his strengths, but lacks the self-awareness and commitment to work on his weaknesses. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

Yes. Some players, like Russell Westbrook, just refuse to change their ways. They are who they are. Sometimes they'll look like world beaters but other  times their deficiencies / personality will hurt the team.

NBA careers are weird. Some guys get hurt by media criticism and then actually change their game and become key contributors.

32 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

This is what makes me anxious to see what (if anything) our guys add to their games over the course of the summer. The good players continue to work on their strengths, the great ones recognize and work to improve their weaknesses. I'm not a fan of Lebron, but this is part of what has made him a great player. Without that self-assessment and commitment, you have a Carmelo Anthony; with it you have a Michael Jordan, Steph Curry, Lebron, or Kobe. I think Trae is on the Carmelo track, of a very good player who works on his strengths, but lacks the self-awareness and commitment to work on his weaknesses. 

Very well said

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I'm hoping Suggs and Fultz work hard on their 3s all summer. If we can get them up to par on those both will really help spread the floor for Paolo and Frantz.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:42 PM, Soul Bro said:

Brunson might be one of the best free agent signings in recent history.

Desmond Bane is the next hidden star. We should throw a max at him next year. His percentages since he entered the league are superb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Desmond Bane is the next hidden star. We should throw a max at him next year. His percentages since he entered the league are superb.

I like this idea. He can defend and shoot. He would fit with Fultz in the backcourt also. 

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

He's getting a max extension from the Grizz. Basically no chance he makes it to RFA and even if he did they'd just match anything.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's getting a max extension from the Grizz. Basically no chance he makes it to RFA and even if he did they'd just match anything.

True. I love his game, though. Absolute sniper