Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also prior history doesn't necessarily dictate future results since we have an entirely new coaching staff now from the Hennigan years.  

I agree that shooting is one of the simpler things to improve/teach, but you need great teachers too, and honestly I haven't seen yet signals of great improvement with the new staff.

On 6/8/2023 at 8:07 AM, Soul Bro said:

“5 Hyped 2023 NBA Draft Prospects with Serious Red Flags”
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10078273-5-hyped-2023-nba-draft-prospects-with-serious-red-flags.amp.html

The Thompson twins and that FT% continues to scare me.

The way you posted it here I didn’t read the article cause I thought your comment about the twins was just you expressing your opinion, that it was something little …Also the article used the word “major” red flags …anyway, when I did read it the alarm went off in my head cause a majority of mock drafts have us with one of those twins 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Shooting 3s, especially mostly stationary catch and shoot 3s, really isn't that valuable though. Gary Harris was one of the best at that in the entire league last season and half of the fan base is talking about getting an upgrade at SG as a priority. You need multiple offensive skills to be successful at the highest levels of basketball. Hendricks doesn't really create any offense for himself or others. He's a play finisher. And his finishing around the rim might not be as good as we'd hope either. He shot something like 45% on half court non dunks (layups essentially) if I remember correctly.

I get why he's an enticing package though. I'm not super low on him, I have him at 8 on my board (well it's tied at 8 with Walker I couldn't be bothered to decide who out of the two I liked the most) mostly because of his super high floor, but I do think it's worthwhile to point out that he probably has a lower ceiling than some other guys in this draft, even guys who'll get picked after him. 

I really agree with this! that’s why i think Ausar is our pick honestly. He checks so many boxes. Especially if we have Banchero and Franz doing more and effective playmaking in the future. 
I see the off ball cutting and bball iq as a big impact for our team. 

Cam Whitmore therefore can’t be ignored as a possible target.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Gradey is in Orlando according to his Instagram.

Do we draft players that every teams knows you are working them out? A smoke?

Nonetheless....it's cool to know he came. If not mistaken, he was working out at some gym for every team that wanted to see him.

Victor Wembanyama drops 8 points (26 min) and Coulibaly 7 (19 min), as Metropolitans 92 are blown out in Game 1 of LNB Finals, 87 to 64.

Haven't seen highlights....no additional comments to add.

The discussion at 6 seems to be Whitmore/Hendricks/Ausar but Spinella's new mock has us taking Ant Black at 6. It's tricky because of the lack of jumper but 6'7 with defense + playmaking very rarely fails and there's an argument that he's both the best perimeter defender and passer in the draft. 

6 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Victor Wembanyama drops 8 points (26 min) and Coulibaly 7 (19 min), as Metropolitans 92 are blown out in Game 1 of LNB Finals, 87 to 64.

Haven't seen highlights....no additional comments to add.

they played both terrible games.. Wembanyama had no fight in him. he played casually like Bol Bol did..

overall bad game by both prospects and Coulibaly still looks raw. He’s gonna need G League for sure..

I’d like to add.. i only watched the first half as the Champions League final started. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The discussion at 6 seems to be Whitmore/Hendricks/Ausar but Spinella's new mock has us taking Ant Black at 6. It's tricky because of the lack of jumper but 6'7 with defense + playmaking very rarely fails and there's an argument that he's both the best perimeter defender and passer in the draft. 

Two words - Elfrid Payton