Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Me too. If we stay where we are i cannot see our front office passing on one of the three forwards that might still be on the board. It's just the way they operate. So forward at number 6 or 7 an then whoever is left at 11, which could be Dick. Think about where we are, Fultz had his best year,Cole had his best year. Harris is cheap and Suggs could still be the future. All the best free agent options are guards. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/2023-nba-mock-draft-70-lottery-odds-are-set

This is my favorite result in one of the many mock drafts. Jarace has a lot going for him including already having an NBA body. What he does is more projectable in the NBA. Those were two things you could say about Paolo last year. Paolo,Franz and WCJ are more offense oriented anyway, we need a banger. He is the best in a draft that has few guys like him. 

I get that everyone wants offense but for once i think the players already on the roster will improve in that area. The second player in this Mock is Cason Wallace. I have already said i love the film on the guy and love mythos behind Kentucky guards. 

Spoiler: 

We get Aussar Thompson and Gradey Dick.

I'd love it. Aussar gives you that kind of athletic, off ball connector wing (Spins likens him to Andre Igoudala which I think is a fun comp) and Gradey gives you the shooting.

It'd be interesting to see how we could fit two wings into the rotation but I guess TRoss and RJ Hampton played a combined 1000mins last season that are up for grabs, plus you could potentially move G Harris to the bench (or trade or waive him depending on FA plans). Plus our 2 way guys were both wings this year and played a lot more than you'd expect really. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Spoiler: 

We get Aussar Thompson and Gradey Dick.

I'd love it. Aussar gives you that kind of athletic, off ball connector wing (Spins likens him to Andre Igoudala which I think is a fun comp) and Gradey gives you the shooting.

It'd be interesting to see how we could fit two wings into the rotation but I guess TRoss and RJ Hampton played a combined 1000mins last season that are up for grabs, plus you could potentially move G Harris to the bench (or trade or waive him depending on FA plans). Plus our 2 way guys were both wings this year and played a lot more than you'd expect really. 

The shooting of the Thompson twins is so bad, like the worst i’ve seen in a while. I just don’t see how this team can overcome that. 

Id honestly stay away from them, despite their ridiculously high ceiling.. Too much other talent around this draft. 

9 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

The shooting of the Thompson twins is so bad, like the worst i’ve seen in a while. I just don’t see how this team can overcome that. 

Id honestly stay away from them, despite their ridiculously high ceiling.. Too much other talent around this draft. 

"Worst I've seen in a while" feels pretty hyperbolic. From a statistical stand point they're comparable to a bunch of other high draft picks of the last couple of years, particularly Ausar who's got the better numbers of the two (but is less of a game breaking athlete):

Ausar shot 30% on 3.8 attempts and 67% FT. 

Isaac Okoro at Auburn was 29% on 2.5 attempts and 67% FT

Scottie Barnes at FSU was 28% on 1.7 attempts and 62% FT. 

Jeremy Sochan at Baylor was 30% on 2.7 attempts and 59% FT.

Dyson Daniels in the G league shot 26% on 3.6 attempts and 74% FT.

Josh Giddey in the NBL shot 29% on 3.5 attempts and 69% FT

Jonathan Kuminga in the G league shot 25% on 5 attempts and 63% FT. 

Anthony Black this season at Arkansas shot 30% on 2.6 attempts and 71% FT.

Not to mention there's (admittedly based on a small sample size) hope that Ausar has improved and will continue to do so. In the OTE playoffs he shot 38.5% from 3 on 7.8 attempts per game and also shot 82% from the FT line in a 5 game stretch (including a 3 point game winner in the championship game). 

Given the makeup of our team, I continue to like Wallace, Dick, Hendricks and probably Walker. I'm not saying the other guys won't be solid. I just think around Franz and Paulo these guys would thrive. 

21 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Keyonte (19) with pick 11 if he is still on the board.....will be / should be highly considered to be selected by the FO.

With pick # 6, if we don't move up or down (TBD May 16), the pick could be Cam Whitmore (19) or Taylor Hendricks (19)

39 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

good lord!!

The great thing about this draft. You basically can’t do anything wrong.. We have two picks to swing and there is an argument for about any prospect in our range.. 

If we get two out of these prospects, it’s a win and a good draft:

- Wembanyama 

- S. Henderson 

- B. Miller

- Thompson twins

- Cam Whitmore

- J. Walker

- T. Hendricks 

- G. Dick

- Nick Smith

- K. George

- C. Wallace

- A. Black

- GG Jackson

and there are a lot of other prospects who make sense also but i’d consider it a reach where we will probably draft.

This draft is deep. A lot of potential out there 

• Upvote 2

All I know is one week from tonight one of the biggest Draft lotteries in NBA history will finally be here …and then teams can start planning accordingly .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

All I know is one week from tonight one of the biggest Draft lotteries in NBA history will finally be here …and then teams can start planning accordingly .

There should be some scenarios already planned, such as potential trade packages depending on what happens. What will you consider giving up to trade for a top pick; or what will you expect to be offered if you get a top pick? Is #1 untouchable? #2 or #3? What are your starting points to even talk? Is there a Weber for Hardaway plus picks deal to be done? A Trae Young/Luka Doncic type trade package?  I would bet money the Front Office is working on all kinds of scenarios right now. Those kinds of deals don’t just happen at the last minute on draft night. They are worked for hours, days, or weeks ahead and only finalized at the end. If they aren’t already planning, then there is a big problem!