Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

2 hours ago, Natesroom said:

I want us to pick the BPA that can shoot. I wouldnt mind trading both picks  (if they are 9 and 11) up to get gradey

37 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Gradey is probably gonna suck just because so many Magic fans want him. That is my completely unscientific opinion.

I actually think Gradey Dick will probably still be available at #9 and Wallace at #11. I just hope Gradey doesn't suck, the irony of it with his name would be too much!

Been thinking about it, it’s a first world problem for sure, but if we somehow get the 1 and get Wemby…. What do we do?! lol

I love Wendell and he’s a huge part of our chemistry, but he’d probably be the fall guy. Unless a HUGE lineup of Fultz/Franz/Paolo/Wemby/WCJ would work? It’d obviously be huge if we stole the 1st pick, but it would force changes that I don’t think any of us would be thrilled about with the current roster

37 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Been thinking about it, it’s a first world problem for sure, but if we somehow get the 1 and get Wemby…. What do we do?! lol

I love Wendell and he’s a huge part of our chemistry, but he’d probably be the fall guy. Unless a HUGE lineup of Fultz/Franz/Paolo/Wemby/WCJ would work? It’d obviously be huge if we stole the 1st pick, but it would force changes that I don’t think any of us would be thrilled about with the current roster

I think the answer might be start the huge lineup and then stagger minutes/lineups throughout the game. 

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think the answer might be start the huge lineup and then stagger minutes/lineups throughout the game. 

Yep

6th best odds!

36% chance at top 4, most likely to be pick 7 (30%) 

Provided the Bulls don't win any play in games the most likely scenario is picks 7 and 12. 

• Upvote 1

I want one of Walker,Whitmore or Hendricks with the first pick and one of Dick,Hawkins or Wallace with the second pick.

My reasoning, if we don't pick in the top 5 i know our Gm's like size,the few top forwards are going to be gone by the Bulls pick. 

The rest of the draft after pick 8 is chock full of sg/sf type players. 

Also, i will be the first to say it. If we get the second pick i do not want Scoot but i understand why everyone would. I think he is one of the those players that will take time to be a star and will need the ball in his hands a lot. It would probably slow the growth of the other guys plus he wouldn't work at all with Fultz.

The lottery is May 16th. See you guys that day, go Magic!

Also i am moving to Denver so i'm about to be a huge Nuggets fan these playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

i want F****** shooters. We have been saying it since we drafted AG that we need shooters and somehow we keep drafting sub 30% 3 pt shooters

It's why i am really not interested in the Thompson twins or Scoot. For the posters who only want shooters, how do you feel about Hawkins? Jordan Hawkins just won a national championship,looked clutch,hit 3's and free throws at a fantastic rate and has actual NBA size for a shooting guard.

If we are picking 6,7 or 8 and need the best shooter isn't he the best choice? I'm just posing this question because i know people get stuck on mock drafts. We all know every year half the top ten are complete busts. If you like a guy take him when you can! I want guys who complement the guys we already have.

That's why i would probably love it if we got Hendricks and Hawkins. Not projected to be stars but neither looks like a project or bust either. 

• Upvote 1