Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

says dallas wants to move up to take coulibaly

If this happens... 

I really don't know what some franchises are doing. 

We know literally nothing about the draft outside of pick #1. A lot of smoke is normally just that as managements have learned to be selective with what they leak. 

Excited for this draft but won't believe anything until it actually happens. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

says dallas wants to move up to take coulibaly

move up to draft him and pay assets? That’s a huge stretch. I can see some upside and i see potential. But he’s hella raw and he’ll need 1-2 seasons of G League and then who knows.. 

He could be Giannis or he could be Thon Maker after that. Who knows..

(not comparing playing style but just a comparison that the development on that kind of raw players is wide open) 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Whitmore is now being mocked at #4 by the Athletic and the Ringer. This draft is about to get crazy.

Yuppp this is how the new mocks have us getting Amen. Whitmore and Ausar over him. Amen at 6.

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

Yuppp this is how the new mocks have us getting Amen. Whitmore and Ausar over him. Amen at 6.

I don't really want Amen or Black, but it'll be interesting to see what WeltHam do if both are available.

On 6/15/2023 at 8:21 AM, Jon said:

I love Scoot for us. I don’t see anyone who’s a true lead guard PG and Fultz isn’t a guy I’d say he makes us so much better. 

We were a much better team with Markelle.  We don’t need a lead guard pg.  Paolo and Franz are our distributors.  We don’t need more cooks in the kitchen, we need high level role players. Scoot is a good prospect I just don’t think with where we’re at in our build that he fits.  We need 3&D with length.  He doesn’t provide that kind of versatility for us nor would it come quickly.  His trade worth is of greater value to our team than his playing worth, in my opinion.

These kind of smoke screens happen every year.  It wouldn’t surprise me to see the Thompson twins slip a little, but would would pass them? Cam keeps getting talked about but Hendricks is better than him, Jarace Walker is a mistake and most likely to fall on draft night imo, Anthony Black is unexciting for a top pick.  Honestly the draft feels thinnish this year.