Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

19 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

why bad fit though? I can make a case for any of those players on our roster.. 

Cam is a great fit imo and could be a great player in the starting lineup. The dude is exceptionally good playing off ball. He has really great timing with off ball cuts and is a great lob threat. Give him a lane and he gets into the lane like a wrecking ball.. 

His weaknesses is on ball production which he wouldn’t rely on with the Magic as Fultz, Paolo and Franz would be doing the majority of the ball handling. 

Cam is with Ausar the best fit for our starting lineup. 

Hendricks, Walker and Black would all have valuable roles off the bench. 

Imo Walker and Black would have the highest value off the bench for us. 
Hendricks is a nice safe guard for Isaac but honestly kind of tough to fit in with his „limited“ skill set as of now. He is really bad with ball handling and is a 3 and D player. Nice Player but actually doesn’t move the needle too much. I prefer other options (for us) even if he fell to 11.. That said he ain’t going past the Wizards or the Mavs if he where to fall imo

Can on paper seems like a good fit but his weaknesses are concerning for me as for what we need and to select him at 6. He’s a 3 and d guy who’s not exceptional at either. He also defended SF’s and PF’s mostly. He also isn’t a good playmaker and not really good with the ball in his hands to make good decisions.

The others, yeah good bench guys but I’m taking a swing with this draft/off season. You can sign good bench players. This draft,  you need to get one more guy.  Don’t see that with those guys.

20 minutes ago, Jon said:

Can on paper seems like a good fit but his weaknesses are concerning for me as for what we need and to select him at 6. He’s a 3 and d guy who’s not exceptional at either. He also defended SF’s and PF’s mostly. He also isn’t a good playmaker and not really good with the ball in his hands to make good decisions.

The others, yeah good bench guys but I’m taking a swing with this draft/off season. You can sign good bench players. This draft,  you need to get one more guy.  Don’t see that with those guys.

i share the same concerns.. But Cam would do for us what AG is doing for Denver! It’s all about roles.. Cam is the perfect fit for us!! (in that starting lineup. And Ausar as well)

I just don’t like his defense too much right now. But i think Mosley will fix that. He did so with Banchero too.. 

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

i share the same concerns.. But Cam would do for us what AG is doing for Denver! It’s all about roles.. Cam is the perfect fit for us!! (in that starting lineup. And Ausar as well)

I just don’t like his defense too much right now. But i think Mosley will fix that. He did so with Banchero too.. 

I just don’t think that gets us where we need to be.

I like Ausar a little more because of his ability to defend and make plays with the ball. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

[Soul Bro raises hand] Is anyone else worried about Black not being able to see the basket for shooting purposes because his hair is in his eyes? I'm serious. I remember this was a real thing with EP, too. 

PS - This is an issue/battle right now with one of my sons :)

I used to laugh at EPs hair everytime I saw him. I even posted some photos of an Osprey nest that looked just like his hair. I'll never forget that 1 floater he airballed from 6 feet out. You can't hit what you can't see. Personally I would never draft anyone that their hair could possibly effect their game. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Time to tank for this class!

i’ve never seen such a dominant performance in a final at that age!

YUCATAN (Mexico) – The United States put the finishing touches on their dream week, outclassing Canada, 118-36, to win gold at the 2023 FIBA U16 Americas Championship.

Forward Cameron Boozer (son of former NBA player Carlos Boozer) led the way with 24 points (10/13 from the field) and 12 rebounds in just under 20 minutes and was named as the tournament's Most Valuable Player.

Cameron Boozer is an elite recruit who projects as one of the top guys in the 2025 recruiting class, if not the top pro prospect in all of high school basketball.

MAGIC have 2 1sts in the 2025 draft.....

24 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Denver's pick likely to be in the mid 20s and our own pick hopefully also in the mid 20s by then. We're not getting Cam Boozer or Cooper Flagg. 

40 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

YUCATAN (Mexico) – The United States put the finishing touches on their dream week, outclassing Canada, 118-36, to win gold at the 2023 FIBA U16 Americas Championship.

Forward Cameron Boozer (son of former NBA player Carlos Boozer) led the way with 24 points (10/13 from the field) and 12 rebounds in just under 20 minutes and was named as the tournament's Most Valuable Player.

Cameron Boozer is an elite recruit who projects as one of the top guys in the 2025 recruiting class, if not the top pro prospect in all of high school basketball.

I want to be making a deep playoff run by that point. Pass. 

I doubt we use pick 36 if we draft at 6 and 11 but Tristan Vuckevic would be fun to see, don't know if he's got the defense to be more than a bench big but Paolo with a real floor spacing 5 man would kill teams, even in limited minutes. 

2 hours ago, Jon said:

I just don’t think that gets us where we need to be.

I like Ausar a little more because of his ability to defend and make plays with the ball. 

me too but he might not be available.. That’s why you create a board.. 

And both Cam and Ausar should be on top with the 6th pick. 

or they go the route of role player off the bench and then i like Walker the most at 6 imo

58 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Denver's pick likely to be in the mid 20s and our own pick hopefully also in the mid 20s by then. We're not getting Cam Boozer or Cooper Flagg. 

you never know.. Health could be a major concern for their efforts.. I don’t wish them harm, but Denver is right up there with the Magic with those devastating injuries

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I doubt we use pick 36 if we draft at 6 and 11 but Tristan Vuckevic would be fun to see, don't know if he's got the defense to be more than a bench big but Paolo with a real floor spacing 5 man would kill teams, even in limited minutes. 

imo we have a roster spot available at center. 

even if we bring back Bitadze i could see us drafting a rookie 3rd string center with upside.