Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Grady Dick and Cason Wallace look to be pegged both in that 8-11 range …if you’re the Magic and both are still there at 11 who you taking ? …There are no wrong answers …this is a forum for opinions and I’d like some 

I’d be delighted with either at 11. Given how the scouts love Bufkin, I’d be down with him there, too.

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’d be delighted with either at 11. Given how the scouts love Bufkin, I’d be down with him there, too.

Come on Soul …it’s cool you like all 3 …but in the draft you can only pick one …what’s your take ? …Just trying to get a feel for how this board is leaning 

10 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Come on Soul …it’s cool you like all 3 …but in the draft you can only pick one …what’s your take ? …Just trying to get a feel for how this board is leaning 

I find myself a lot more opinionated about 6 than 11 right now. The more I read about the twins, the more they scare me. I think I’d swing for Whitmore and even Hendricks over either of them right now. (I realize I’m in the minority here and know I could be dead wrong). Still I struggle seeing them playing with Paulo and Franz.

As to 11, if we don’t choose a point guard early, I’d probably go Wallace then Bufkin then Dick (assuming Wallace’s back checks out)  If we do choose a point guard early, or a combo guard like Black or one of the twins, I’d go Dick at 11. Hope that makes sense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I find myself a lot more opinionated about 6 than 11 right now. The more I read about the twins, the more they scare me. I think I’d swing for Whitmore and even Hendricks over either of them right now. (I realize I’m in the minority here and know I could be dead wrong). Still I struggle seeing them playing with Paulo and Franz.

As to 11, if we don’t choose a point guard early, I’d probably go Wallace then Bufkin then Dick (assuming Wallace’s back checks out)  If we do choose a point guard early, or a combo guard like Black or one of the twins, I’d go Dick at 11. Hope that makes sense.

I don't think you're in the minority among Magic fans about the twins. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't think you're in the minority among Magic fans about the twins. 

I just keep reading that their shots didn’t improve over the last two years… even when there was great attention given to improving their shots. Additionally, our lack of shooting, at least with our starters, is already significant. I think this draft and free agency will really show WeltHam’s hand as to how they view Fultz and Anthony.

7 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Of the guys that everybody likes at 11, which ones play the best defense?

Cason Wallace.

Top 3 ranks for each pick

6th pick

1. Cam Whitmore 

2. Jarace Walker

3. Ausar Thompson 

(i need more film on Hendricks but im probably not taking him, because i feel like we can get that skill set in FA if we needed to)

11th pick

1. Keyonte George 

2. Cason Wallace

3. Derek Lively 

(i’m taking Lively over Dick because i feel like with two picks, we could go fit with the 11th pick. Lively is a defensive rim protector we absolutely need! We were one of the worst in the NBA last season) 

so best case scenario for me is Cam and Keyonte, but i’m the most realistic outcome is Jarace Walker and Lively)

I think the Magic should trade both picks for established players, or combine them with someone like Suggs/Anthony/Okeke or even Issac (though I do like him). I don't trust their draft judgment. Banchero and Franz are clear winners, but Suggs, Anthony, and Okeke are not. I don't want to risk two high picks becoming more like the latter three. It's still early for the guys I mentioned but I just don't see it with them. Anthony takes horrendous shots and in my view is a selfish player, Suggs can't shoot and appears to play too timid, and I don't think I'm being too harsh when I say I don't even know how Okeke was drafted in the first round. I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

Young teams need leadership and I think it's just about time to bring in some vets. Even if this young team makes the playoffs there's such little experience in that locker room I can't imagine it would be a very successful series.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Vuc back if he signed for something reasonable. Probably not a popular opinion but I'm fine with that.