Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

I would not trade up at all unless we were packaging the two picks, plus next years first, and some salary matches for Luka. (providing he's disgruntled and wants to move on) thats the only way i would trade those two picks. I think we can reasonably come away with Gradey and hawkins and both mesh well with our current squad and both have major shooting upside skills and this allows us to package Chuma and other stuff away to open up salary for Austin Reeves, who i would target and possibly Vucavic as a backup.

You'd have to offer Reaves the max or something approaching it to get the Lakers to consider not matching. 

It'd be Gilbert Arenas Rule structured too so it'd be wonky as hell, you'd pay him the MLE for 2 season (about 11m a season) and then pay him 30m+ in years 3 and 4. 

I get it, before he blew up I thought he'd be a good guy to target but I'm not sure I want to pay him 4 years 90m 

I do not see foresee us trading up.Dream for me at least would be getting Whitmore and Dick but not sure about that.

Dick is more plausible though at 11.

Would any of you consider trading 6 and 36 with Utah for 9 and 16? Would Utah potentially want to move up a couple spots? 9 is as high as I'd consider drafting Dick based on consensus rankings. We could still get a Hawkins at 11 or someone else who's slipping. Then, we could take a swing on a high upside guy at 16, like a Nick Smith, Jr., or perhaps look at backup center in Lively at that spot.

3 minutes ago, DestroidMengars said:

Would any of you consider trading 6 and 36 with Utah for 9 and 16? Would Utah potentially want to move up a couple spots? 9 is as high as I'd consider drafting Dick based on consensus rankings. We could still get a Hawkins at 11 or someone else who's slipping. Then, we could take a swing on a high upside guy at 16, like a Nick Smith, Jr., or perhaps look at backup center in Lively at that spot.

Can't imagine us using 3 firsts.

13 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Loser: Scoot Henderson

The Hornets have LaMelo Ball. The Blazers have Lillard. The Rockets have Jalen Green. Not to overthink this too much, but which one of these teams is champing at the bit to draft a 6-foot-2 guard with a suspect jump shot? Will the Magic—a team that may want some more shot creation in its backcourt—consider packaging no. 6 and no. 11 to move up and get him?

Will the Hornets take Henderson, roster construction be damned, and figure the rest out later, or will they strike a swap with the Blazers, knowing Portland would rather have Brandon Miller? There’s so much to contemplate right now. But as things stand, it’s safe to say that Henderson won’t go to an ideal destination.
https://www.theringer.com/nba-draft/2023/5/16/23726486/nba-draft-lottery-victor-wembanyama-spurs

Correct, in my opinion too.....Scoot could fall to 4.

1 Spurs - Victor

2 Hornets - Brandon Miller (LaMelo is their PG)

3 Blazers - Who knows what they are going to do but Dame is their PG - if they don't trade the pick, Amen should be the one.

4 Rockets - With a good chance to get Scoot based on above scenario

5 & 6 - Pistons and Magic pick either or Ausar or Whitmore (and either one takes Chuma or JI minutes)

This guy has sources feel free to listen …Lillard says if they make the pic and go young he wants out …this guy says we will know by draft night what direction the team is going …but also says even though they didn’t get Victor the 3rd pic has value cause that’s where the generational talent Scoot may surface assuming Charlotte doesn’t take him and that teams will be calling the Blazers …Blazer brass is on the clock till draft night 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Pretty sure this is not relevant to the Magic but just putting this info on here 

i could imagine the Blazers trading for Zion. Don’t see Beal being a fit there. 

Magic can’t offer a win now move.