Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

Hornets gotta be worst run organisation in sports. Unless they got something actually meaningful trading Jalen McDaniels is a terrible move. 

12 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hornets gotta be worst run organisation in sports. Unless they got something actually meaningful trading Jalen McDaniels is a terrible move. 

Two seconds to avoid giving the MLE (or thereabouts) to a solid player. If the Magic made this move I'd be furious.

If we don't capitalize on the positive perception of our talent we've finally built to make a consolidation trade for better talent my head's going to explode.  Strike while the iron's hot! 

Maybe there's truly nothing out there for us. Ideally something like a McCollum tier player. 

Can't help but think a package of Bamba, Ross, and Cole + picks wouldn't be appealing to a team wanting more depth and youth.

Just now, Nick Anderson 4 President said:

If we don't capitalize on the positive perception of our talent we've finally built to make a consolidation trade for better talent my head's going to explode.  Strike while the iron's hot! 

Maybe there's truly nothing out there for us. Ideally something like a McCollum tier player. 

Can't help but think a package of Bamba, Ross, and Cole + picks wouldn't be appealing to a team wanting more depth and youth.

Positive perception doesn't help in trades though. (Not when the players with positive perception aren't ones you want to trade)

I don’t think we’re at the stage to go star hunting yet. We need to continue to asset manage and if we add players they need to continue to fit our path. I’d go for something like:

RJ, Cole, Bamba, Chicago pick for Mikal in a heartbeat. If we could somehow add in Ross and another pick and get Claxton I’d do somersaults.

I'm okay with this to the extent that the future lies in the lottery balls anyway. If the Magic have one more miracle in them, probably every guard they have is on the table in order to get a better one