Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He has not been great this year. Shooting 36 % from the field and 32% on threes. He is 29 and most likely wants a large contract. 

We do not need FVV. I have heard of Gary Trent Jr. being dangled. That is who i would want from Toronto.

4 hours ago, alwaystragic said:

what does it mean that the first round pick from gordon trade "conveys" to okc? it does not belong to us anymore?

We get a first round pick from Denver 2 years after they convey a pick from a prior trade to the Thunder (actually now belongs to the Hornets). It's top 14 protected this year so that'll happen and then we'll be in line to get a pick from Denver in 2025 (top 5 protected).

It's unclear I think whether the takeaway from this is "Markelle Fultz is awesome" or "competent guard play is very important". But I'm thinking it's a little of both.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:
It's unclear I think whether the takeaway from this is "Markelle Fultz is awesome" or "competent guard play is very important". But I'm thinking it's a little of both.

To use a modern idiom, we finally have an adult in the room. Fultz isn't great, but he knows his role on the court and is solid. I still would like a long-term upgrade who is also not a health concern.

Agree on Fultz, still not sure he's a great fit, but having a competent PG makes a world of difference. And it was time we finally have a little streak, was long due.

I still can't understand how we start the game with 3 bigs+Frantz, and then at some point in the rotation we play with no big at all. (end of third, we had something like Cole, Ross, Schofield Harris and Banchero at the 5)

23 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Agree on Fultz, still not sure he's a great fit, but having a competent PG makes a world of difference. And it was time we finally have a little streak, was long due.

I still can't understand how we start the game with 3 bigs+Frantz, and then at some point in the rotation we play with no big at all. (end of third, we had something like Cole, Ross, Schofield Harris and Banchero at the 5)

To be honest we absolutely should be experimenting with Paolo at the 5. 

10 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

To be honest we absolutely should be experimenting with Paolo at the 5. 

I can agree on that, but in other situations and with other players around... for me it's really weird the way he's using the lineups and the players we have available.

On 12/10/2022 at 11:09 PM, jmmagicfan said:

Unfortunately I agree. We can only hope that he becomes Olympic’s Carmelo instead of NBA Melo.

Ball dominant player? I think Paolo is a more unselfish player than Melo ever was and has a higher basketball IQ. 

• Upvote 1

I wanna throw this out there …we all know the injury history and missing games here is crazy …I saw Fultz ankle injury Friday night …I thought it was bad certainly looked that way …all his weight on an ankle and foot turned to the side …I thought he was done for who knows how long …then he came back second half I’m sure after getting it rewrapped and tightening his shoe …I was wondering all day Saturday if once he relaxed and got a chance to survey the damage if he’d be back any time soon .

So we know the result …kudos to him …didn’t seem to bother him …with all the complaints we’ve made about this sitting guys for abnormal amounts of time …nice to have a story the complete opposite of what we’ve become conditioned too .

• Upvote 1