All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He hasn't played in 2 years so I'm pretty confident any drafted PF will play a lot. 

He says he’s healthy and ready to roll in the fall …guess we’ll see 

13 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

He says he’s healthy and ready to roll in the fall …guess we’ll see 

He said he was healthy last time he came back. Even if he's healthy he'll be on the Joel Embiid rookie season schedule of minutes restrictions + not playing back to backs for some time, possibly all season I imagine.

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He said he was healthy last time he came back. Even if he's healthy he'll be on the Joel Embiid rookie season schedule of minutes restrictions + not playing back to backs for some time, possibly all season I imagine.

And you know this ? Where did you read or see it ? …Also, and I don’t have facts just my gut …but I felt a lot of him not playing, and especially down the stretch last season was because we were in tank mode …and with some of our end of game lineups it was clearly obvious 

12 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

And you know this ? Where did you read or see it ? 

28 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I imagine.

12 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I don’t have facts just my gut … 

So we're both in the same boat then. I think it's pretty outlandish to expect we'll let a guy who hasn't played a competitive game in over 2 years (by the time opening day comes around) play without significant restrictions when we're paying him 17m a season regardless of how long he's been cleared to play but I might be wrong. 

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

So we're both in the same boat then. I think it's pretty outlandish to expect we'll let a guy who hasn't played a competitive game in over 2 years (by the time opening day comes around) play without significant restrictions when we're paying him 17m a season regardless of how long he's been cleared to play but I might be wrong. 

Fair …I still see a logjam though with bigs 

13 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Do you think that playing with his high school buddy Chet would give him a boost in confidence / motivation?

Mauro - I’m sure he would love to have Chet on the team, but he’s also an internally motivated, confident, competitive guy. He’s working hard no matter who his teammate is next year - and I’m happy he’s that way. 

Do I believe anything Lavar Ball says? Not really no but this is an interesting one to keep an eye on because if the Bulls lose Lavine that 2023 pick could be nicer than expected. 

Would love to slot Jabari Parker in as Shooting Guard and run with WCJ, JI, Franz, Parker, Fultz... ummm 6' 10" or taller from all your players except 6'5 PG fultz?? Yes Please.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:41 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Do I believe anything Lavar Ball says? Not really no but this is an interesting one to keep an eye on because if the Bulls lose Lavine that 2023 pick could be nicer than expected. 

I think he’s negotiating for the max. That said, here is my controversial take on LaVine: I wouldn’t want him on the Magic at the price tag he’s going to command. Dude’s defensive numbers are so bad that’s he’s consistently a net negative. 

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I think he’s negotiating for the max. That said, here is my controversial take on LaVine: I wouldn’t want him on the Magic at the price tag he’s going to command. Dude’s defensive numbers are so bad that’s he’s consistently a net negative. 

I’m right there. He can score, sure. But you also want guys who are hungry on defense. He has all the capability to lock down guys and does not. 

Let’s keep the cap space and give it to an extension to one of our great young guys in a year or two while maybe utilizing the cap space to take on a bloating contract and get some good 1st’s back.