CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Didn't see anyone post this link yet so here you go.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34114488/why-chet-holmgren-unique-game-talk-nba-draft

Probably the last great Chet article before the draft. Didn't help me at all. Things in the article made me think we have to have Chet, other parts reminded me why we should be worried.

Biggest negative was when his father pointed out when he was 8 he is going to look just like me to coach Suggs. His father is 7 feet tall and never made it through all 4 years of his college career. Bad knees. Ouch.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Ah yea probably. 

God the draft can't get here soon enough now. 3 days. 

The draft in which we have the # 1 overall pick !!!!!

The week is finally here.....after a wait of about 832 weeks = since we selected Dwight in 2004.

Obsessed with the idea we could trade back and pick Chet at 3 then use the extra stuff we got for trading back to draft Malaki Branham. 

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Obsessed with the idea we could trade back and pick Chet at 3 then use the extra stuff we got for trading back to draft Malaki Branham. 

I"m going to trust this front office but I just think Jabari Smith is too much the type of humble, high character guy the Magic look for and love to draft. 

At this point, it makes sense to take Jabari and then trade Jabari for Chet / Ivy / Sharpe if you're high on those guys. 

31 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34114488/why-chet-holmgren-unique-game-talk-nba-draft

Probably the last great Chet article before the draft. Didn't help me at all. Things in the article made me think we have to have Chet, other parts reminded me why we should be worried.

Biggest negative was when his father pointed out when he was 8 he is going to look just like me to coach Suggs. His father is 7 feet tall and never made it through all 4 years of his college career. Bad knees. Ouch.

MOST very tall and very skinny players either have short careers or spend a lot of time injured.

6 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I"m going to trust this front office but I just think Jabari Smith is too much the type of humble, high character guy the Magic look for and love to draft. 

I definitely understand this thought. But I think there's also a case to be made that the super long analytic darling Chet Holmgren is also the type of guy the Magic look for and love to draft.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I definitely understand this thought. But I think there's also a case to be made that the super long analytic darling Chet Holmgren is also the type of guy the Magic look for and love to draft.

Yep... Both fit WeltHam's prototype.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

The most confusing thing to me about that article is to read that Jalen’s father is an exceptional AAU coach. If that’s the case, how was Jalen so bad last year?