CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Draft Thread

Schmitz and Woj. Good stuff. Schmitz says there’s a top 2: Chet and Jabari. He’s a huge Chet fan. Thinks he can be really special. He likes Jabari, too.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4J0xZGay9vSaqgFVGhX7R3?si=pHSfa_TaTCWdK14B2GUCPQ&context=spotify%3Ashow%3A5o0Y7aOifsQxB1wmqPZLiS

Edit: Schmitz also says he’s enamored with Sharpe. Saw him play 5v5 at UK in practice and was the best player on the court. Geez… options.

This article sold me on Jabri. 

The boy is the first into the gym/ lead by example / earn everything you’re given type of guy. He’s not a diva. And he values all of the fundamentals that his father instilled in him early. 

He reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan as I read this. 100% on board with drafting him. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/02/23/jabari-smith-auburn-basketball-nba-daily-cover

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

This article sold me on Jabri. 

The boy is the first into the gym/ lead by example / earn everything you’re given type of guy. He’s not a diva. And he values all of the fundamentals that his father instilled in him early. 

He reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan as I read this. 100% on board with drafting him. 

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/02/23/jabari-smith-auburn-basketball-nba-daily-cover

I'm totally down with drafting a person who actually comes out of college as a shooter, a bonafide can hit 42% from the arc in college. Chet at 39% is close also but actually having 2 - 6 foot 10 guys who can hit the 3 Franz and Jabari its is devastating.

Sounds to me like our GM’s are and will be doing their due diligence …Can’t ask for more …I checked their draft history and they do prefer athletic kids so there’s that 

33 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Their comparison to other skinny players is somewhat flawed. Yes, players like Anthony Davis, Giannis, and Durant came into the league skinny and managed to add weight. But what do they have in common? Broad shoulders, especially Davis and Giannis. They have very broad shoulders and have the frame to add the bulk. Chet is not only skinny but has a narrow frame. He currently weighs the same as some guards. The problem he will have in adding extra weight is how much can his frame legitimately add before it has a negative effect on his body? I suspect he’ll struggle to add sufficient weight.

• Upvote 1

Saying he feels good about his conversations with the Pistons …also found this :

Not surprisingly, some of the top prospects in this year's class chose to limit their participation in the event. Paolo Banchero, Chet Holmgren and Jabari Smith canceled their media availability, and none of the three has taken part in the measurement portion.

7 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

This guy lost all credibility within the first paragraph when he compared Pablo to Aaron Gordon. Lol. 

they picture in that article is hilarious, the lady reporter is wearing a mask under her nose and talking to a guy with no mask and they are both probably 100% vaccinated and boosted.