Pts
FG%
3pt%
Reb
Ast
Stl
Blk

Career

The above  post is all my research....the below one is by Kevin O'Connor, dated March 21, 2022 

Aleksej Pokusevski is the only other player listed in league history to stand at least 7 feet but weigh under 200 pounds, according to NBA Advanced Stats. Players this tall and this lean often have injury issues. Against Memphis center Jalen Duren, another projected lottery pick, Holmgren’s lack of strength was exposed in the final minute of the game. With the ball and up three, Holmgren caught the ball behind the arc then drove to the basket but had no bag to reach into to get by the 6-foot-10, 230-pound Duren."

Remember NBA Combine on TV today / tomorrow:

Players will have interviews with NBA teams and participate in five-on-five games as well as shooting and strength and agility drills from May 18-20.  Coverage of the NBA Draft Combine 2022 begins Thursday, May 19 on ESPNews from 3-5 PM ET and transitions to ESPN2 from 5-7 PM ET. The coverage continues on Friday, May 20 from 1-2 PM ET on ESPN2 and 2-5 PM ET on ESPNews.

With his injury concerns he might slip in the draft, but I wouldn’t be opposed to drafting Patrick Baldwin in the second round. 

He’s been injured the last 2 seasons, but when healthy it seems like he has lottery talent. Plus, we need spacing and Pat can stroke it. 

4 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Not gonna lie, if I had to pick with my brain I would go with Sharpe. Wings that can dribble, shoot and have decent size are the #1 most dominant players in the NBA. I made the mistake of underrating Tatum at the time but I would love to have him on our team now, obviously. Wouldn’t mind if he ended up being a complete bust, at least we went for it.

Chet would be the most tantalizing, but we’ve never seen someone quite like him dominate.

Smith would be the safest, but if he just ended up being a tall spot up shooter it wouldn’t help us that much. If he hits his ceiling he could be amazing, of course, we just don’t see someone become a creator very often. Kawhi is a super outlier

Ok so this is ESPN insider Jeff Goodman …he says Sharpe has the highest ceiling in this draft …he said the 3 other guys could turn out to be all stars but that Sharpe has SuperStar potential …it’s not all rainbows and sunshine in this vid either …they talk about the negative associated with drafting him .

We can’t get FA to come here anymore …you draft one and develop him more will come ala Dwight …this is why we gotta draft him imo …his shy low key personality is perfect for small market Orlando .

Weltham you guys do whatever you gotta do …Draft him at 1 or trade down and grab some more assets …gotta be somebody drafting below us that has high value and a need for the 3 other top guys in this draft 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's absolutely not. 

He is not KD because he can’t handle like KD could in college.  He is however an even better shooter than he was.  I think on offense he is at worse bigger Rashard Lewis.  That is still a guy that can get 22-25 ppg and open up the court.  His defense is really good to great.  He is very athletic and you just can’t teach a jumper like that.  Think how much his gravity will help Suggs and Fultz when they get into the paint.  He is my pick followed by Banchero.  Chet scare me with his frame but don’t hate him as much as other people do.  There are a ton of “big guys” that get injured all the time.  Sometimes having that much weight on your joints can be even worse (Oden, Bynum, Zion and many more).  Smith seems like the safest pick to me.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Let us know who do you think he projects to be.....thanks !!!!

Not one of the greatest scorers to ever walk the earth that's for sure. 

Here's a long form article that covers his strengths and weaknesses:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indycornrows.com/platform/amp/2022/5/17/23072776/2022-nba-draft-analysis-jabari-smith

It's from a Pacers perspective pre lotto but there's a lot of good stuff so either skip the Pacers specific stuff or try and envision how they're applicable to our team. 

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not one of the greatest scorers to ever walk the earth that's for sure. 

Here's a long form article that covers his strengths and weaknesses:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indycornrows.com/platform/amp/2022/5/17/23072776/2022-nba-draft-analysis-jabari-smith

It's from a Pacers perspective pre lotto but there's a lot of good stuff so either skip the Pacers specific stuff or try and envision how they're applicable to our team. 

The Q is for you....to let us know who do you think, believe, etc, he projects to a NBA player.

In a previous post I said "Watching video analysis of Jabari.....offensively, he is KD (projects to be stronger), etc, etc.

This from Box And One Scouting Report on Jabari, dated April 13, 2022:

Scouts that we’ve spoken to are split on Smith’s projection as it relates to athleticism. One credentialed NBA scout spoke to us about his shooting being so good that it won’t matter, and the frame that he possesses — broad shoulders, long legs — as being ideal for carrying more weight to handle contact better. That scout described his body as that of a “young Dwight Howard” where he could become very chiseled, and then “remove defenders from his path with strength instead of speed.”

24 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

The Q is for you....to let us know who do you think, believe, etc, he projects to a NBA player.

I've posted about him several times. 

18 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Is that the kind of player we want with the number 1 pick? https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bolma01.html

I was just commenting on how skinny, and Manute was taller, but probably as skinny.

17 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I was given a great comparison today I think for Chet. 

Ralph Sampson. 

Tall, lanky unicorn. He was 7’4” but only 220 lbs, but could shoot, pass, block… the guy was the best player in college basketball in the early 1980’s. He was even a 4 time All-Star in his first 4 years in the league. 

But what happened? A consistent series of injuries starting in his 5th year left him unable to take the court consistently because his lanky body and knees couldn’t handle the NBA grind. 

While not as high of a ceiling, I think this is perhaps a fair body and perhaps even game comparison. 

I think this is a fair comparison.

4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Way to put a target on your back. This is another reason I don’t want him. Absolutely no self awareness.

You have to have confidence like that in order to be great, I’d be worried if he didn’t answer like that.