CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dam that was impressive shooting. Gotta real nice release. Why did he shoot so poorly in the games this year? Was he injured?

I haven’t looked into him a ton, but from what I gathered he was recovering from something and tended to take bad shots. 

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Of Barnes or Boutnight or kuminga. Bout’s shot looks effortless, the other two not so much. 

We have to draft him. 

I see we're at the 'everyone changing their opinions because of some empty gym shooting videos' portion of the draft process. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I see we're at the 'everyone changing their opinions because of some empty gym shooting videos' portion of the draft process. 

U cannot deny he looks spectacular 

24 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

U cannot deny he looks spectacular 

Bouknight? I was never for one second worried about his ability to shoot it. Anyone who can get to his own jumper from the midrange that well always seemed likely to be able to shoot it from 3 at some point. (Though the fact that he was so bad from catch and shoot 3 was worrying because it spoke to the idea that he always needs the ball to be successful)

And he's certainly an exciting scorer. His body control in the paint is terrific.

It's just everything else about him that concerns me. On defense off ball he basically just stands and watches. His handle is loose as hell, he's not a good passer and more importantly I don't think he's ever wanted to pass the ball in his life. He takes spinning off the dribble fade aways from 18 feet with team mates wide open. Either his vision is terrible or he's selfish or both. 

I've got him in the late lotto to mid first range (11-16 maybe?) so I wouldn't be opposed to him at 8 if we believe that we can improve his playmaking and defense and continue to refine the jumper. But I think he's more likely to be a Jordan Clarkson style scoring 6th man than a star. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

LOL, I was going to write the same thing. Every video or tweet could change an opinion! Tomorrow we'll love other prospects! :P

If it’s looking like the only way to get a sure fire shooter is to take Bouknight then why not. Last time we let a prospect go because it was too obvious we got Hezonja and I really messed up my own feelings there… we should have taken Booker. He’s definitely grown

2 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

If it’s looking like the only way to get a sure fire shooter is to take Bouknight then why not. Last time we let a prospect go because it was too obvious we got Hezonja and I really messed up my own feelings there… we should have taken Booker. He’s definitely grown

Booker was not the obvious pick in the Hezonja draft. Nobody considered Booker a top 5 pick.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Booker was not the obvious pick in the Hezonja draft. Nobody considered Booker a top 5 pick.

There was this one poster here who really wanted us to take Booker. That said (if I’m thinking of the same guy,) he also posted that he and his son were devastated that we didn’t take Nerlens Noel at #2, wanted Malik Monk over Issac, and was generally convinced that anyone from Kentucky was a can’t-miss stud lol. 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-orlando-magic-news-1124-20161123-story.html

Old news, and hindsight is always 20/20, but Booker really wanted to be here. It would be a non story if Hezonja did anything in the league, but instead he was a massive bust and Book is about to be in the Finals at 24.