CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

45 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Go look at Bouknight’s pro day. That shot...

I still really like Moody, but the last few days I’ve been quietly warming up to him. I’d obviously rather use 8 to trade up, but I’ve come to terms with Kuminga/Moody or Kuminga/Bouknight. Whether our front office likes either is still up in the air I guess. 

2 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

I still really like Moody, but the last few days I’ve been quietly warming up to him. I’d obviously rather use 8 to trade up, but I’ve come to terms with Kuminga/Moody or Kuminga/Bouknight. Whether our front office likes either is still up in the air I guess. 

I still want us to trade up for Green.

I’m not feeling Kuminga. I rather take Barnes or even Bouknight if we stay at 5.

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I still want us to trade up for Green.

I’m not feeling Kuminga. I rather take Barnes or even Bouknight if we stay at 5.

I’d of course rather trade up too, specifically for Green. I briefly thought I liked Barnes more than Kuminga too, but Jonathon is so much more explosive and fluid with a comparable skill set, to me. Here’s to hoping we can bring home Jalen Green tho lol. 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I’ve never said tanking never works.  That would be like saying no one ever wins big at Vegas.  Of course there are winners.  My argument has always been that the risk is too high, because if you don’t luck out you could be very bad for a very long time, and the odds are stacked against you.  

The odds of getting that generational player who'll change your franchise are crazy stacked against you. The odds of a small market team keeping that guy long enough to really matter? Don't forget to add that on. Because if you don't win big by the time they're done with that second contract (you know, when they're just entering their prime), they'll just leave for a bigger market team that can afford to play loose with salary because they know they don't have to field a decent team to make money or attract free agents. The league is broken, and the draft lottery is a major part of it. It keeps the smaller market organizations fielding terrible teams trying to luck into a superstar, while the larger market teams just wait until those smaller market superstars are developed, and then poach them. Think about it. LA doesn't have to develop players. LA can't develop players. LA had several high draft picks who were all considered busts until they went elsewhere and suddenly they were good. The Clippers can fall right into that same thing. Philly 'developed' Ben Simmons right into a mental breakdown, but they don't have to worry about him leaving, or Joel Embiid, no matter how much they lose. Miami looked like they might be the exception last year, actually developing at least half of their team, then proved themselves frauds this year, so they'll probably just start gutting the team again and wait for free agents. Milwaukee has somehow kept it together, though. Kudos to them. Better get it done quick, though, or Giannis will be demanding a trade. But hey, they'll get lots of draft picks from LA or New York for him, and they can play the lottery with the rest of the peasants.

49 minutes ago, O_SteveO said:

I’d of course rather trade up too, specifically for Green. I briefly thought I liked Barnes more than Kuminga too, but Jonathon is so much more explosive and fluid with a comparable skill set, to me. Here’s to hoping we can bring home Jalen Green tho lol. 

I’m still Barnes over Kuminga right now. Barnes has more skill IMO.