CTMagicUK

2021 NBA Draft Thread

23 minutes ago, ML6 said:

I can picture it now: Raptors take Barnes at 4, I am standing up in my living room clapping, Magic twitter is going nuts. Adam Silver approaches the podium and announces that with the 5th pick, the Orlando Magic select... ALPEREN SENGUN.

I then walk out the front door and keep walking, never to return.

I really like Sengun but even I'd be really annoyed if we passed on Suggs for him.

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

I really like Sengun but even I'd be really annoyed if we passed on Suggs for him.

I think Sengun will be there at 8. But we should hope GSW trades before our pick at 5 (if that’s what they do) so we know who is picking between us and 8. 

I would be happy with a Suggs-Sengun draft, but we’d still be really thin on the wing coming out of the draft. I know this is probably unpopular to many on this board, but I’d consider trading Cole on draft night if we get Suggs and moving back into the teens to get a project like Zaire or a good contributor like Murphy. 

1 minute ago, Mack1085 said:

I think Sengun will be there at 8. But we should hope GSW trades before our pick at 5 (if that’s what they do) so we know who is picking between us and 8. 

I would be happy with a Suggs-Sengun draft, but we’d still be really thin on the wing coming out of the draft. I know this is probably unpopular to many on this board, but I’d consider trading Cole on draft night if we get Suggs and moving back into the teens to get a project like Zaire or a good contributor like Murphy. 

Trading cole? Looool

ORL: #3 overall pick (CLE), T. Prince, R. Rondo 

CLE: P. Beverley, G. Harris, L. Kennard, #5 overall pick (ORL), #25 overall (LAC), ‘23 1st rnd (ORL via CHI), ‘24 2nd rnd (LAC via DET)

LAC: K. Love, C. Sexton, M. Carter Williams, #33 overall (ORL)

Orlando trades two first round picks and #33 overall along with valuable assets in G Harris’s expiring deal and MCW team-friendly contract for Mobley. Rondo would be bought out and Prince would look to be traded.

CLE would move back two spots to take Kuminga while also netting another pick at 25. They’ll get a shot at a lottery pick in 2023 from Chicago and invest in a young shooter in Kennard to play off the ball from Garland. Clear cap space by shipping Love and bring in capable vets.

LAC would be bringing in a young, bullish PG in Sexton and also a gritty defender/cutter in MCW. Love would help spread the floor and they only need to move back 8 picks, ship out Kennard’s 4 year ext, and a second round pick. Sexton would be a significant upgrade over Beverley.

See this on twitter..

Who says no?

I love it

Hawks receive:
• Pick #8
• Wendell Carter Jr.

Magic receive:
• Cam Reddish
• Onyeka Okongwu
• Pick #20

Who says no?

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hawks receive:
• Pick #8
• Wendell Carter Jr.

Magic receive:
• Cam Reddish
• Onyeka Okongwu
• Pick #20

Who says no?

So we give up the best pick in the deal, the best player in the deal, and receive a player who has shot <40% from the field in 3 consecutive seasons, a player undergoing a major surgery who will be out all year, and a worse pick?

25 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Hawks receive:
• Pick #8
• Wendell Carter Jr.

Magic receive:
• Cam Reddish
• Onyeka Okongwu
• Pick #20

Who says no?

I'd say no.

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Hawks receive:
• Pick #8
• Wendell Carter Jr.

Magic receive:
• Cam Reddish
• Onyeka Okongwu
• Pick #20

Who says no?

I'm out too! I have high hopes for WCJ based on how he played for us last season.

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

https://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2021/7/28/22592355/orlando-magic-nba-draft

Don't read this if you like to stay positive. Our drafts are even worse then i thought.

Those bad draft years are gone with this FO:

2019 ----> Chuma - @ steal at 16

2020 ----> Cole - @ steal at 15

Both with potential to be stars within 2-3 years.

11 minutes ago, gobucsmagic said:

Oh ****. I’d happily draft Suggs for GS and take back Wiseman and #7. That’s an absolute no-brainer

Really? I wouldn't do that at all. Im not a big Wiseman fan though.