Soul Bro

2020-2021 Official Magic Season Thread

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Frank Mason will be an excellent Magic trivia question in a few years. Feel for the kid to lose his job to injury, but with the amount of em we have, I understand it

Poor Frank Mason. He finally had an opportunity to break into a rotation and got hurt. It's the right move for us though since we desperately need able bodies. 

Now Griffin and Drummond are going to sit as Detroit and Cleveland embrace player development. Wish we had more young and healthy players to develop. We are in some sort of NBA purgatory this year.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Now Griffin and Drummond are going to sit as Detroit and Cleveland embrace player development. Wish we had more young and healthy players to develop. We are in some sort of NBA purgatory this year.

This hits us hard in 2 directions. The obvious is that Detroit and Cleveland both will almost assuredly finish with a worse record than us. It also really hurts our market for trading Vucevic 

43 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

This hits us hard in 2 directions. The obvious is that Detroit and Cleveland both will almost assuredly finish with a worse record than us. It also really hurts our market for trading Vucevic 

I personally don't believe Cleveland getting rid of Drummond and playing Jarrett Allen more is bad for us. Drummond isn't good.

Blake Griffin will make $39m next season and is shooting 37% from the field. Can't see how his availability impacts a Vuc trade should we want to make one. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I personally don't believe Cleveland getting rid of Drummond and playing Jarrett Allen more is bad for us. Drummond isn't good.

Blake Griffin will make $39m next season and is shooting 37% from the field. Can't see how his availability impacts a Vuc trade should we want to make one. 

Yeah I agree Vuc is playing better basketball then both of them, I read Toronto is interested in Drummond I was think Vuc would be better for them however is there anyone on their team that we like? I personally would like Norman Powell but he isnt exactly a young player now. 

So realistically who do you think we should look at getting? I assume most of people may want picks and do another rebuild, my concern is there is a lot of what if's. JI being healthy for a full season? Progression of Mo Bamba? All Star Vuc is a beast? Fultz recovering and starting where he left off? 

I think some of the pieces we should looking at moving on are Ross, Fournier and AG (hesitant still on him). We have a lot of filler with Clark, Ennis and Birch as well. My mind is more towards building on what we have over a full rebuild, players that are young and show potential has always excited me. Some players I had in mind

Gary Trent Jr, Josh Okogie, Mikal Bridges, Brandon Clarke and Tyrell Terry

I promised myself i wasn't going to post until near the trade deadline. Originally without all these injuries i wanted to save the season , now not so much. So after seeing you all posting trades i thought i would chime in and remind you of one super obvious trade target. 

New York Knicks. They are not anywhere close to capped out and do not have to match salaries. I know they must be desperate to make the playoffs. Trade them Vucevic and Fournier and take back whatever players helps us finish out this awful season. They have a ton of picks including this years Mavs pick. It resets our cap and gives up playing time for Bamba. 

Honestly if our front office can't see its time for a soft reset they are beyond saving.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

New York Knicks

Who did you have in mind besides picks? Mitch Robinson, Frank Ntilikina, Austin Rivers and Alec Burks would be something we could look at even though there isnt much there.