Soul Bro

2019-2020 Official Trade Ideas Thread

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I still go back to JJ redick. He makes too much sense here to not even try. 

I agree to an extent, I just think JJ has more value to a contender than us and they’ll pay according. I like the idea of JJ more if he were younger or we were better

16 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I agree to an extent, I just think JJ has more value to a contender than us and they’ll pay according. I like the idea of JJ more if he were younger or we were better

Sure. But we have too many young guys. We need the experience and leadership As well. JJ can bring that leadership in and outside the court. We cant continue to build a team for the future. We have been doing that fir 7 years. How many more years we need? It is time to build for the present.   

20 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Sure. But we have too many young guys. We need the experience and leadership As well. JJ can bring that leadership in and outside the court. We cant continue to build a team for the future. We have been doing that fir 7 years. How many more years we need? It is time to build for the present.   

The problem isn't really building for the present, it's trading long term assets for short term help. There's ways to build for today while also keeping long term value. 

With JJ you're basically giving up long term stuff for a depreciating asset that helps us today but expires after next year while there's other options that carry both long and short term value. 

So while I would be fine trading our pick this year for JJ I'm not sure our front office would consider it a smart use of our pick. 

But this is kind of why I've shifted focus to Malik Beasley. He can play now, he has playoff experience, he's 23. He would be playing a ton more if Denver didn't have 12 guys they're trying to distribute minutes to

• Upvote 1

It won't be off topic for long if he really is on the market... there will be plenty of folks coming through to tell us he is the missing piece.

16 minutes ago, ML6 said:

It won't be off topic for long if he really is on the market... there will be plenty of folks coming through to tell us he is the missing piece.

If we didn’t have Fultz sure. Doesn’t make sense now.