Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

1 hour ago, andrew2018022 said:

Russell is a very dedicated worker and a great leader. Wiggins just isn't motivated. I don't think he has Wiggins potential at all.

Then why is Brooklyn going after an older, more expensive version of him?

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's why theyre going after an all-NBA caliber point guard who is about to enter his prime and who actually wants to go there? Kyrie is better than DLo, if you have the chance to sign him you do it

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

C'mon, kyrie is an upgrade, that's why. And Kyrie may be the means to another superstar FA. Kyrie is a big name and brings star power to the nets. Ascends them to the spotlight. 

I'm not a fan of him but I'd be ecstatic if Kyrie wanted to come here. Hopefully, with their upgrade, we can catch what falls through the cracks.

1 hour ago, Nyce_1 said:

C'mon, kyrie is an upgrade, that's why. And Kyrie may be the means to another superstar FA. Kyrie is a big name and brings star power to the nets. Ascends them to the spotlight. 

I'm not a fan of him but I'd be ecstatic if Kyrie wanted to come here. Hopefully, with their upgrade, we can catch what falls through the cracks.

Is he an upgrade over what pro-Russell magic fans think he will be after you account for Kyrie's locker room issues?

8 hours ago, Magicpassion said:

If the front office does decide to pass and Brooklyn has to clear more money I wouldn’t mind Dunwoodie on his reasonable contract if we could swing a trade some how.

Dinwiddie has new contract at 9+ mil per , a steal.  DLO is the target.. major talent, leader, closer Magic need. 4 teams competing.  Must sign Vooch to get DLO. Sign and trade a possibility with AG and DJ. Vooch and Issac untouchable. Hoping magic draft Alexander-Walker or Tyler Herro.  Love to get another top 20 pick for Cam Johnson. Need new SG and SF

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Kyrie and KD seems to be getting a lot of ink

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Is he an upgrade over what pro-Russell magic fans think he will be after you account for Kyrie's locker room issues?

Rozier was looking for more minutes and opportunities as was Brown and Tatum. Plus they had to let Hayward eat too. Im not huge on Kyrie (flat earth, Illuminati) but can’t really blame him for the Celtics situation. 

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Honestly, who knows. On the floor, absolutely. Kyrie's ability to penetrate and draw fouls is what separates him from DLo. All-NBA for a reason. 

As for locker room stuff, Nets, or any team that signs him, can only hope that since he CHOSE to be there, there won't be any issues. But that's the gamble. 

Anyone expecting DLo to be a superstar is crazy. He's a really good combo guard, with elite passing, and at 23, still improving with experience. I'd put him on the same tier as CJ McCollum; but less consistent scoring and better playmaking. Someone like this doesn't always become available, and if he's renounced, I hope we're aggressive to snag him. 

We got lucky with getting Markelle for cheap. Could we get lucky again with aquiring his backcourt mate via FA?