Bauncey Chillups

2019 Offseason Thread

48 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

AG: Finishing at the rim through contact.  

JI: First step/1 on 1 ball handling. 

Bamba: Add weight. Stay healthy. 

Iwundu: Nothing in particular. Improve overall game. 

Fournier: Regain shooting confidence. 

None of the other guys really matter to me. If these guys can do this we will have another good year next year. 

No Fultz?

23 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

No Fultz?

No expectations. We don't even know if this kid has picked up a basketball in the last 8 months or whatever. I hope he is doing well but at this point It's whatever happens happens with him. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

No expectations. We don't even know if this kid has picked up a basketball in the last 8 months or whatever. I hope he is doing well but at this point It's whatever happens happens with him. 

We saw a video of him goofing around shooting a layup back in late March

2 minutes ago, andrew2018022 said:

We saw a video of him goofing around shooting a layup back in late March

Is that what we are hanging onto? We don't know anything. He might play he might not. He might be good he might not. He might still be injured he might not. He might play summer league he might not. On and on. I'm not gonna hang my hat on Fultz. Whatever happens happens. 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:43 AM, jmmagicfan said:

You're a little late to that party - Lebron has been "recruiting" guys to play with for at least the last decade. You will never see a rule saying players can't talk/recruit, because the Players Association will never let it get into the contract. It has just become more prevalent as players have managed over the last 20-25 years to take some of the power that used to be exclusively held by the league/team owners. Shaq did it for us a little bit back in the day, it's why Horace Grant came to Orlando. Russell Westbrook did a lot of recruiting, it's a large part of why Paul George stayed in OKC. Steph Curry actively recruited KD to come to Golden State. Guys have always "recruited" free agents to come to their team, it's just now grown beyond that to where they are now recruiting guys who aren't free agents yet, but have pull because of "pending" free agency. 

Easy answer...fine the team of the player who tampers.  If you can fine a team whose players tank, you can fine a team whose players tamper. just takes the owners voting.  Silver needs to take the lead but he does not see this as a problem.  If it is not a problem for the players why is it a problem for the  teams.  Simple answer is that he knows tampering  is not good for the overall league.  Talk/recruit all you want after July 1st.  "Tampering" Lakers have always been the worst culprit starting with tampering of Shaq.

3 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Easy answer...fine the team of the player who tampers.  If you can fine a team whose players tank, you can fine a team whose players tamper. just takes the owners voting.  Silver needs to take the lead but he does not see this as a problem.  If it is not a problem for the players why is it a problem for the  teams.  Simple answer is that he knows tampering  is not good for the overall league.  Talk/recruit all you want after July 1st.  "Tampering" Lakers have always been the worst culprit starting with tampering of Shaq.

It's impossible to enforce. 

16 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

It's impossible to enforce. 

Yes it would be difficult but if you are going to do nothing about players tampering/recruiting then why penalize teams? Whole tampering rule is kind of ridiculous as Magic Johnson articulated.  Enforcement/fines against teams while players do the same thing is certainly hypocritical on the league's part.  

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Yes it would be difficult but if you are going to do nothing about players tampering/recruiting then why penalize teams? Whole tampering rule is kind of ridiculous as Magic Johnson articulated.  Enforcement/fines against teams while players do the same thing is certainly hypocritical on the league's part.  

Because it's easier to enforce these rules on a business entity than an individual. 

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Because it's easier to enforce these rules on a business entity than an individual. 

So true and speaks to the core problem in our world.  Choose what is easy instead of what is right.

Wanted to get some feedback on an idea i read on Orlando Pinstriped.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4caujka

This is a trade that works involving the Spurs. It's a trade that i only make if we lose Vucevic  but keep Ross on a good deal.

Basically the trade is DeRozan and Poeltl for Fournier and Mozgov. We would have to throw in our pick this year.

Pro's: Even better defense, some scoring to replace points lost with Vooch, someone to attack the rim and get to the line. Young Center.

Con's: Absolutley no outside shot from either player.

Why the Spurs do it. I can easily see the Spurs doing a soft rebuild and thinking Fournier is a better fit with them.

Also if he has a good year with the Spurs i can see him opting out of his player option and maybe resigning with them on a longer team friendly contract.

We make the trade to fully embrace our defensive identity and get rid of some dead weight. The shooting looks like a problem but we see guys take a leap every year in shooting percentage. I would just hope our players make a leap in that area.

What do you think?

59 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Wanted to get some feedback on an idea i read on Orlando Pinstriped.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4caujka

This is a trade that works involving the Spurs. It's a trade that i only make if we lose Vucevic  but keep Ross on a good deal.

Basically the trade is DeRozan and Poeltl for Fournier and Mozgov. We would have to throw in our pick this year.

Pro's: Even better defense, some scoring to replace points lost with Vooch, someone to attack the rim and get to the line. Young Center.

Con's: Absolutley no outside shot from either player.

Why the Spurs do it. I can easily see the Spurs doing a soft rebuild and thinking Fournier is a better fit with them.

Also if he has a good year with the Spurs i can see him opting out of his player option and maybe resigning with them on a longer team friendly contract.

We make the trade to fully embrace our defensive identity and get rid of some dead weight. The shooting looks like a problem but we see guys take a leap every year in shooting percentage. I would just hope our players make a leap in that area.

What do you think?

I will do it in a heartbeat but we need to sweet the deal in order for the Spur to even consider that possibility.  It will be something like DeRozan and Mills for Fournier, DJ, Mozgov and our first rounder.  That will be more ideal trade scenario for San Antonio.  

I will still do it. 

Mills, Fultz,Briscoe

DeRozan, Ross

Isaac,Iwundu,Frazier

AG, (2nd rounder/Jontay Porter)

Bamba, (Birch, Oquinn or other FA)