Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic @ Grizzles - Sunday, March 10th, 6:00 P.M.

15 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I'd rather have Beal+replacement level Center than Vuc+Fournier

That's not really going out on a limb. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, crisby pancakes said:

Not too fussed with this one, decided not to watch as had it down as one we would lose, they're pretty good on their home court and we've only won there twice since 2002. Will be annoyed if we lose the Washington game, that one we need a good perfomance and win.

If we can't beat teams that will be lottery teams, the path to the playoffs will be very difficult.  We may have exhausted all upset losses already since we have 7 lottery team games left and we probably need all 7 games including the Washington game.  

59 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah I don't know why he does that. It's obviously something he worked on this summer and it would be good if he did add that shot to his game but he hits like 3 out of 10 right now. 

Any shot he takes at any distance where he's off balance he misses. 

Gordon needs to attack the rim more and work off ball screens

3 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I suggested trading for Conley or Beal but was told that Beal wouldn’t be a significant upgrade over Fournier lol

who said that?? LOL

4 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Way too many people here are quick to want to move on from AG and say Fultz, Isaac and Bamba are the “core.” Guys, AG is the rocket fuel to this team and is still only 23.

When he left the game last night with his injury, our team became fumbling fools and completely flattened out. Does he press on offense sometimes? Absolutely. However, our coach is pushing him to become our “go-to” guy, as was recently reported. 

I’m certain of two guys on this team: AG and Isaac. And I’m hopeful for some others: Fultz, Bamba, Iwundu and Briscoe. Overall, this team has been dying for better guard play for years, and I hope that becomes a reality going into next year.

I'm shocked at some of the people in here not giving credit where credit is due. I wish I could find the post, but someone gave 2 other players credit for keeping us in the game. Didn't even mention AG. All I can say is:. . . AG says "Hello"!!!

AG was hustling all over the place (defense, rebounding, put backs, pushing the ball up the floor . . .you name it . . .he helped keep us in the game).

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

This is the first year in a while that the draft is simply a bonus adding to our core and not an absolute necessity.  Future is very bright.  Starting to see Vuc go back to his pre-All Star play so I hate getting nothing for him but I want to force Clifford (since I do not see that he is inliced to do that) to develop Bamba so I say bye, bye, Vuc.  Ross I hope we can keep.

I noticed that too. I can't speak for Vuch, but in my opinion, that was his goal--to make the allstar team. His performance since does not convince me that it was not the way he was going to perform going forward.  

23 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I noticed that too. I can't speak for Vuch, but in my opinion, that was his goal--to make the allstar team. His performance since does not convince me that it was not the way he was going to perform going forward.  

Vuc is a poor post player. He doesn't draw fouls. He's an opportunistic scorer. He finds spots for dump offs. He gets put backs. He spots up. Sometimes all help defenders clear out to the perimeter and he can straight line drive past his man to the basket. 

He was great this season because the first 25 games he had 55/41/83 shooting splits. We went 12-13.

The next 25 games (played 24) he had 49/34/71 shooting splits. We went 8-16.

The big winning streak he had 53/50/73 splits and we went 9-4

The last 5 games he's shooting 52/17/81. We're 2-3. 

When vucevic is hitting his mid-range and three point jumpers he hides a ton of his weaknesses. When he's not hitting them he's a liability. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Vuc is a poor post player. He doesn't draw fouls. He's an opportunistic scorer. He finds spots for dump offs. He gets put backs. He spots up. Sometimes all help defenders clear out to the perimeter and he can straight line drive past his man to the basket. 

He was great this season because the first 25 games he had 55/41/83 shooting splits. We went 12-13.

The next 25 games (played 24) he had 49/34/71 shooting splits. We went 8-16.

The big winning streak he had 53/50/73 splits and we went 9-4

The last 5 games he's shooting 52/17/81. We're 2-3. 

When vucevic is hitting his mid-range and three point jumpers he hides a ton of his weaknesses. When he's not hitting them he's a liability. 

here we go! exactly. Vooch played 35 mins last night. If Kanter or Monroe got that then guess what? they would have posted 26 and 10 as well! So many empty stats. Look i like Vooch but i wouldn't pay him, but i actually don't think he's going to get what we all think on open market. There is a still a chance if FO want him, we get him cheap. Even so i would still be prepared to let him walk. Ross is so up and down i go back and forth with him.  Isaac and fultz trade has saved this season for me. Cant wait for next year onwards. Just gonna be near impossible to get off Fournier unfortunatley.

2 hours ago, harley said:

Isaac and fultz trade has saved this season for me. Cant wait for next year onwards. 

I'm with you there bud.

• Like 1

Vooch refuses to step out and guard on pnr plays even it’s only the ft line. This is what annoys me most about his play. Conley got his pick on Wes and vooch was nowhere to be found. Over and over and over again. 

2 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Vooch refuses to step out and guard on pnr plays even it’s only the ft line. This is what annoys me most about his play. Conley got his pick on Wes and vooch was nowhere to be found. Over and over and over again. 

He’s not deciding that on his own. It’s the scheme. And it’s bad. 

49 minutes ago, ML6 said:

He’s not deciding that on his own. It’s the scheme. And it’s bad. 

Clifford has done a great job adjusting both offensive and defensive schemes to fit the abilities of our players. Vuc is slow so some of the defensive schemes accommodate for that.