Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Thunder_Tuesday, January 29 @ 7 pm

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

Truthfully I don't see anything of major significance taking place by the deadline. One thing I am fairly certain of though is that we won't be happy. That I can tell you.

Nor do I. Vuc will make the allstar game and that’ll be touted as our silver lining. He will walk in the off season and we’ll draft another front court or defensive wing. We’ll try to sign a second rate starter and DJ will become the new Ross (minus the defensive ability). We’ll hope that one of the young guys will make a leap. 

I'm watching a special on the Magic 2008-2009 team that went to the Finals. Rashard Lewis had a little hitch in his shot much like Isaac does. If JI could eventually shoot the triples like Lewis that would be tremendous.

2 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Nor do I. Vuc will make the allstar game and that’ll be touted as our silver lining. He will walk in the off season and we’ll draft another front court or defensive wing. We’ll try to sign a second rate starter and DJ will become the new Ross (minus the defensive ability). We’ll hope that one of the young guys will make a leap. 

I'm afraid you might be right. If history means anything then you probably will be.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not really preaching patience. It's preaching patience for the next 9 days. 

After that feel free to freak out

What possible move do you see them making within 9 days that is a game changer? They won’t go after Conley since it doesn’t for our timeline, Lin/Brogdon are solid backups. Dennis Smith is the only hope on that front. 

6 minutes ago, King Close said:

The same people saying “make something happen” will be the first people to complain about a forced trade they don’t agree with. 

Don’t do anything stupid

2 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

I'm watching a special on the Magic 2008-2009 team that went to the Finals. Rashard Lewis had a little hitch in his shot much like Isaac does. If JI could eventually shoot the triples like Lewis that would be tremendous.

Truthfully I think he has the most upside of the bunch if he can develop offensively. I don’t think he’ll be “the guy” but he’s a piece. 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Don’t do anything stupid

Exactly. We don’t know what’s out there is the thing, maybe there’s nothing out there for us. If that’s the case then don’t force it is all I’m trying to say. 

Just now, DocHoliday said:

Truthfully I think he has the most upside of the bunch if he can develop offensively. I don’t think he’ll be “the guy” but he’s a piece. 

Yes definitely. If it ever came down to Isaac or Bamba staying put I would go with Isaac hands down. (when I say hands down no pun intended for Bamba's defense).

6 minutes ago, MagicOne said:

He is gonna be a very good shooter. Free throws he is 80% or more i think...It is a good sign

Just now, King Close said:

Exactly. We don’t know what’s out there is the thing, maybe there’s nothing out there for us. If that’s the case then don’t force it is all I’m trying to say. 

Don’t worry we won’t. We’ll trade Ross for a second string point guard (likely a decent one) or a 2nd round pick. Our splash will be negligible on the front. Not saying you should wheel and deal constantly but you don’t win much when you don’t put your’ chips on the table. 

3 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

What possible move do you see them making within 9 days that is a game changer? They won’t go after Conley since it doesn’t for our timeline, Lin/Brogdon are solid backups. Dennis Smith is the only hope on that front. 

Brogdon is starting and the third leading scorer on the best team in the East today. 

There's been too much noise for us to make no moves

3 minutes ago, DocHoliday said:

Management just needs to be honest. Continuing to roll out Fournier and Vooch after so many years makes little sense. I hope we clear the cupboard just to focus on developing the young guys. It might be ugly at times but our current pattern is the equivalent of being stuck in the mud.