Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic Vs. Suns - Wednesday, Dec. 26th at 7:00 P.M.

It’s time for moves to be made. Agree they need to be well thoughtout and make sense long-term but enough is enough. 

This is the front office though that said the draft flattened out when Kuzma was selected 2 picks later. I don’t have a ton of faith. It’s offcially time for them to earn their keep. No more blaming Hennigan. No more “we’re evaluating”. It’s time to formulate a real plan and move on from the constants that have been at the forefront of all these losing seasons. 

1 minute ago, HeHateMe said:

It’s time for moves to be made. Agree they need to be well thoughtout and make sense long-term but enough is enough. 

This is the front office though that said the draft flattened out when Kuzma was selected 2 picks later. I don’t have a ton of faith. It’s offcially time for them to earn their keep. No more blaming Hennigan. No more “we’re evaluating”. It’s time to formulate a real plan and move on from the constants that have been at the forefront of all these losing seasons. 

+1 from me regarding the front office needs to prove themselves at some point.  I'm not pushing for them to make a move right away though.  I at least like the fact that they seem to have no interest in tanking anymore.

I would give you a +1 but I'm out for the day.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

So I took a lot of heat here back in the day, including maybe even some from you, Mauro, for cautioning against a tanking strategy.  Always felt it was high risk and could backfire badly.  People overestimated the likelihood of landing a superstar in the draft, overestimated which players would be superstars (Wiggins??), and underestimated the many bad effects of building a losing team.  Fortunately some of the major jerks are no longer posting here, but you can look way back at some of the threads from 2013 to see just how aggressively wrong people could be.

What's my point in bringing this back up?  Let's do what ?4thewin mentioned in an earlier post in this thread.  Let's take the hard road of actually building a good team one piece at a time, and then hopefully making a few shrewd moves, or getting lucky in the draft, to get us from good to great.  I too am tired of hearing people ready to tank at the first sign of trouble; it's becoming like a reflex now, and I think it's a main reason why we've become "irrelevant".  A pro team needs to be focused on winning.

I also agree with ?4thewin that making panic moves to improve marginally now while damaging our future is not the way to go.

It's gotten to be like heroin. It's poison that they take to make them feel better when they feel bad. Losing is great. Now let me mainline the highlights of the last Duke game. 

Tanking is a fine transition strategy. Our players got old, our cap is locked up, we need to try again and do something to accumulate assets. Fine. Tank for a couple years. 

Tanking is not something that you do every bad month. 

10 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Yeah, I’ve been extremely underwhelmed by Weltman and Hammond so far. They both came in with great reputations in scouting and talent evaluation and had a nice track record of not being afraid to make deals. They haven’t done squat here except for a lateral Biyombo trade and bringing in Jerian Grant. I guess the one plus they have earned is re-signing AG to a team-friendly deal and it’s too early to judge on Isaac and Bamba, obviously. If we continue to stand pat through this, I’ll be disappointed. This team is in my blood and I can’t quit it, guess I’m a gluten for punishment, but I’m definitely not spending money on merch and games like I used to.

9 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, I’ve been extremely underwhelmed by Weltman and Hammond so far. They both came in with great reputations in scouting and talent evaluation and had a nice track record of not being afraid to make deals. They haven’t done squat here except for a lateral Biyombo trade and bringing in Jerian Grant. I guess the one plus they have earned is re-signing AG to a team-friendly deal and it’s too early to judge on Isaac and Bamba, obviously. If we continue to stand pat through this, I’ll be disappointed. This team is in my blood and I can’t quit it, guess I’m a gluten for punishment, but I’m definitely not spending money on merch and games like I used to.

It's just tough because we all know what the solution is (point guard upgrade pushing Augustin to backup) and we are guaranteed a point guard upgrade just by waiting until the summer because there's a ton of available point guards and only a few spots open. So any trade we make today has to be better than just signing someone in the summer. 

So we're stuck in a holding pattern unless a good deal presents itself. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

The decision has been made already. Need to figure out what we have. 

Figure it out? We've known what we we've had for quite some time. It's been time to make a move.

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

There have to be better point guards in the d league than grant. Why not try one?  Briscoe must not be impressive in practice. 

Not just practice. Clifford tried to give Briscoe Grant’s minutes a couple of times and he was dreadful 

5 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Figure it out? We've known what we we've had for quite some time. It's been time to make a move.

If the options are to trade for a guy today that we can get this summer why would we give up something now to make that happen