Odin

Trade Thread

28 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Wasn’t there a report yesterday that Carlisle was going to discuss this situation with dsj but then dsj blew him off? Maybe today he tried to rekindle their relationship which lead to the report earlier today that they were hoping to salvage the relationship and not trade him. But maybe dsj came out and told him to please trade him which could have  lead to this report? Idk this situation is getting real nutty. Dude definitely isn’t going to be a maverick for much longer.

7 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

wouldn’t that be counterproductive?

2 minutes ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Yea that makes no sense.

Not if they’re trying to convince their core that he’s the problem. I think they figure he’s gone and the value they’re gonna get for him is pretty much determined.

3 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

But for trade value...

I don't think Carlisle cares about trade value. I think he's cares about defending himself to all the Mavs fans who are trashing him right now

I know this has been stated multiple times but the longer this goes on the worse it looks on Dallas. It’s pretty clear there’s no reconciliation forthcoming, none of the individuals involved strike me as the kiss and makeup types. Time for Hammond/Weltman to make their best offer (no BIG) and say 24 hours or you can get less from another team. Btw could we offer Dallas their choice of our 2019 or 2020 pick (top 3 protected) to be determined later?

Wow reading all the reports this is getting crazy, it is hard to see what is true and what is hearsay. I wonder if DSJ is really being a baby or Carlisle is, I hope most of it is true to give us the best opportunity to get him. It has actually been exciting the last few days waking to see if there is any news on the matter. 

6 minutes ago, s1n1st3r12 said:

Wow reading all the reports this is getting crazy, it is hard to see what is true and what is hearsay. I wonder if DSJ is really being a baby or Carlisle is, I hope most of it is true to give us the best opportunity to get him. It has actually been exciting the last few days waking to see if there is any news on the matter. 

Carlisle had a bad relationship with Jason Kidd and rondo too. 

DSJ isn't absolved from fault but I don't blame a guy for betting put into a situation where he can't play to his strengths at all