Odin

Trade Thread

If we use our own 2019 unprotected 1st round pick for a PG we get someone that we hope might develop into our PG of the future but may not work out (see EP). How many of you would be willing to trade our unprotected pick towards an established successful PG?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

If we use our own 2019 unprotected 1st round pick for a PG we get someone that we hope might develop into our PG of the future but may not work out (see EP). How many of you would be willing to trade our unprotected pick towards an established successful PG?

Depends on who that PG is.

• Upvote 1

I still think it’s the time to strike with Boston after last night I think they would give us both Rozier and Brown. Those 2 starting for us with huge chips on their shoulder would be dangerous if we could tap into what made them so good last season. I imagine they would both hate Boston after that

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yes, probably the only reason to trade our pick this year would be for a point guard. 

If we draft a point guard, even if we get the pick right, the team will still struggle the next two years. 

I would send the pick away unprotected for a volume scorer or point guard with 3 or more years experience. 

6 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I still think it’s the time to strike with Boston after last night I think they would give us both Rozier and Brown. Those 2 starting for us with huge chips on their shoulder would be dangerous! I imagine they would both hate Boston after that

I wouldn’t trade anything for Rozier. 

45 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Unprotected 1st Fournier and mozgod for Mike Conley is something I’d pull the trigger on. 

If we did that trade for Conley I’d be tempted to go full win now mode and trade Bamba Ross and Simmons for Beal and try to resign Vuc on a friendly deal. 

Conley/Beal/Isaac/Gordon/Vuc could make some noise...

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If we did that trade for Conley I’d be tempted to go full win now mode and trade Bamba Ross and Simmons for Beal and try to resign Vuc on a friendly deal. 

Conley/Beal/Isaac/Gordon/Vuc could make some noise...

Nah. You're still hamstrung by vucevic

22 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Nah. You're still hamstrung by vucevic

Trust me I’m all for trading Vuc lol are you saying that if hypothetically we had Conley and Beal on the team Vuc will struggle as the offense wont really be ran thru him anymore? Because I could actually see that being true for sure 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Trust me I’m all in for trading Vuc lol are you saying that if hypothetically we had Conley and Beal on the team Vuc will struggle as the offense wont really be ran thru him anymore? Because I could actually see that being true for sure 

Yeah. I think you're better off just running hustle bigs that are solid help defenders and going small a decent percentage of the time. 

4 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I still think it’s the time to strike with Boston after last night I think they would give us both Rozier and Brown. Those 2 starting for us with huge chips on their shoulder would be dangerous if we could tap into what made them so good last season. I imagine they would both hate Boston after that

I'm with you here 100%. If we could get Rozier and Brown and move Fournier in a different deal I'd be so happy. Those 2 starting at the 1 and 2, hungry to prove people wrong, could be great.

7 minutes ago, The Boss said:

I'm with you here 100%. If we could get Rozier and Brown and move Fournier in a different deal I'd be so happy. Those 2 starting at the 1 and 2, hungry to prove people wrong, could be great.

Takes more than hunger. I don’t think Rozier is that talented.