Odin

Trade Thread

Pretty good chance we keep Vuch. I will not be surprised if after we sign a PG in free agency(Rozier, Russell) We will present him with a multiyear contract. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

How about this trade? 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y787bzlp

Obvious trade for Lakers, especially after the Paul George swing and miss. I don't think they value Ingram and Ball very much anymore.

From the Pelicans side i obviously think it's a no go without a Magic and Laker's unprotected pick.

From our side i have no problem with it if we could only keep our 2019 pick. I would give up future picks, however.

Obviously this probably lands us in the lottery again without Vuch, but i see upside. 

We get to keep Ross, it seems like keeping one of them was important to the fanbase. 

We do not have to draft a pg or center for a few years, so we can concentrate on maybe hitting on a scoring wing.

In the end, it's just a shake up. I do not see Vuch being resigned here and at best we are an 8th seeded playoff team with him.

The big problem is getting us involved in the trade while giving enough to New Orleans to actually complete it.

Edit; the trade also works getting back Mo Wagner if you want one more piece. 

Again, we are not getting back Kuzma, Hart, Ingram or other pieces because i'm trying to keep our 2019 pick. 

Is New Orleans truly ready and/or willing to trade AD right now? I've been reading that if they were to do it that it would be during the summer after the lottery picks have been set to truly get a return worth it for them. I think Ball will be hard to pull away from the LA because he's shown that he can coexist on the floor with Lebron more than Ingram right now which makes Ingram more of the odd man out than Ball. 

35 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Pretty good chance we keep Vuch. I will not be surprised if after we sign a PG in free agency(Rozier, Russell) We will present him with a multiyear contract. 

You misunderstand what they're saying. They're not saying "resign Vuc" they're saying "don't trade Vuc" because it means more to win games this year than it does to just get another late pick. 

Here's why we're not resigning vucevic. 

He has a 19,125,000.00 cap hold next summer. If we keep his bird rights we're looking at just the MLE to find a starting point guard and replace Ross if he goes somewhere else. 

Additionally it doesn't make sense to invest in two centers. Bamba and vucevic can't play together. You're hurting bambas long term development by signing vucevic. 

And it doesn't make sense to keep him as a trade asset as he's going to max out his salary this summer. And he's not much of a trade asset to begin with. 

4 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Think we might need to entertain the idea of a trade for Mike Conley. 

Pros:

all star caliber player

Well rounded point guard. Above average at everything. 

Significant playoff experience. 

Leadership skills

Toughness

Cons:

Age. Just turned 31

Owed 30.5 this season. 32.5 next season. 34.5 the following season. 

Injury history. 

There's a lot to think this would be a bad idea but I think the negatives also might keep him cheap. His contract expires with Fournier so we'd have a reasonable financial scenario going forward. Gives us summer of 2021 to cash in cap space. 

I think he's got enough juice in him to finish out the contact. 

And I think we could fit Mozgov in the deal. If we do we can start next year with a rotation of Conley-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon-Bamba Augustin-resigned Ross-iwundu-(cheap big man) and use the full MLE on someone if we want. 

I haven't decided if I like this. But a deal like Mozgov our pick top 4 protected and vucevic for Conley (with Memphis flipping vucevic to another place like Charlotte for monk and mkg) might make sense. 

I’m down with trading for mike Conley and make 2021 our spending year he’d be the best pg we’ve had in a looooooong time. Would have to involve mozgod though and I don’t know if they need Vuc though since they have gasol. Maybe fournier mozgov and our pick then we can use Vuc to make a deep dive in the playoffs this year or trade him for another asset

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

You misunderstand what they're saying. They're not saying "resign Vuc" they're saying "don't trade Vuc" because it means more to win games this year than it does to just get another late pick. 

Who am I misunderstanding ? That is my opinion and only my opinion. Not saying it will happen but that I will not be surprise if we keep him. 

I Want to trade him. It has always been my desire. He is the most valuable piece-we currently have to get our future PG via trade. But I see that Ross, Simmons, Grant are likely more available for trade than Vuc at this point. Hopefully i am wrong. But that is how I see it.

46 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I’m down with trading for mike Conley and make 2021 our spending year he’d be the best pg we’ve had in a looooooong time. Would have to involve mozgod though and I don’t know if they need Vuc though since they have gasol. Maybe fournier mozgov and our pick then we can use Vuc to make a deep dive in the playoffs this year or trade him for another asset

Yeah, the way Vooch is playing, I’m not sure the team is moving him and giving up on a playoff run. I could see the trade you mentioned happening.

51 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Who am I misunderstanding ? That is my opinion and only my opinion. Not saying it will happen but that I will not be surprise if we keep him. 

I Want to trade him. It has always been my desire. He is the most valuable piece-we currently have to get our future PG via trade. But I see that Ross, Simmons, Grant are likely more available for trade than Vuc at this point. Hopefully i am wrong. But that is how I see it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we kept Vuc either. It’s difficult to have an opinion on this board at times seeing how there are self appointed experts.  If you don’t agree or state an obvious point they will give you a -. I looked a few of them up on this board and some of them are kids.

This whole board is about opinions and you have a valid one. Personally, I think Vuc is very solid and underrated. It took Clifford to bring out the best in him. He may be a much better pro then Bamba. It will be interesting to see what the front office does. With all due respect, I have much more faith in their experience and knowledge then some of these youngsters. I see a scenario where we possibly resign Vuc and TRoss and get a point guard this summer unless we can make a trade of Simms/filler and a few picks at trade deadline. I agree we don’t want to stunt Bamba growth, but he can play the 4 in certain situations and get 20+ minutes a night. We can always trade him or Vuc down the road, but make no mistake; there is a market for Vuc. 

2 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we kept Vuc either. It’s difficult to have an opinion on this board at times seeing how there are self appointed experts.  If you don’t agree or state an obvious point they will give you a -. I looked a few of them up on this board and some of them are kids.

This whole board is about opinions and you have a valid one. Personally, I think Vuc is very solid and underrated. It took Clifford to bring out the best in him. He may be a much better pro then Bamba. It will be interesting to see what the front office does. With all due respect, I have much more faith in their experience and knowledge then some of these youngsters. I see a scenario where we possibly resign Vuc and TRoss and get a point guard this summer unless we can make a trade of Simms/filler and a few picks at trade deadline. I agree we don’t want to stunt Bamba growth, but he can play the 4 in certain situations and get 20+ minutes a night. We can always trade him or Vuc down the road, but make no mistake; there is a market for Vuc. 

Bamba can't play the 4. When he played the 4 it was a disaster. 

Centers aren't that valuable anymore. Vucevic is a nice player but it doesn't make sense to pay him this summer and risk being stuck with him at the expense of improving other positions. 

You have two options. 

1. Keep vucevic.

2. Have enough money to make a run at a decent starting point guard. 

Choose one. You can't have both. 

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You have two options. 

1. Keep vucevic.

2. Have enough money to make a run at a decent starting point guard. 

Choose one. You can't have both. 

I’ve been on the trade Vooch train for a couple of years but also have come to terms with the Magic’s love affair with this guy. Might a third option be to trade for a point guard who is already signed beyond this year, extend Ross now, and perhaps re-sign Vooch for two or three years this summer?

13 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I’ve been on the trade Vooch train for a couple of years but also have come to terms with the Magic’s love affair with this guy. Might a third option be to trade for a point guard who is already signed beyond this year, extend Ross now, and perhaps re-sign Vooch for two or three years this summer?

If you do that you basically need to trade Bamba. 

Backup centers are cheap and plentiful. Doesn't make sense to invest in one when you can move Bamba's upside for something that will help us in other areas. 

But the whole point in the "vucevic's days are numbered" thought process is centers on good teams don't have to do much. Bamba can be a great roll man and an impact guy on defense and he's cheap for the next 3 seasons. It makes more sense to take advantage of that and use the cap space in better areas than to be inefficient with money. 

It's the whole reason Philly fans are having a "trade Ben Simmons" discussion. Great player. Can't shoot. Poor fit with embiid. Can you maximize that talent in a trade?

Do people on here think we dont like VUC just because?

I think some people on this message board forget who the real VUC is. I even catch myself sometimes thinking maybe we should resign him after this season and then I snap out of it. 

This guy has been extremely lazy on defense the last couple of years. We have been a laughing stock around the league when it comes to interior defense, not to mention his love affair with EF and their selfish 2 man game. 

Could Clif have brought out the best in VUC sure, but I would bet on it being a contract year.